A Comment on Bilingual America

nabong
on 7/21/06 10:52 am - Glendale, AZ
Mike, You go big guy. One of the reasons people are trying to get into the US while no one is trying to get out is for our freedoms. We have the freedom to have WLS while our counter parts in other countries do not even have the ability to see a Dr. We have the foods available to be healthy while others don't have enough to eat to live( some of our own people here in the US don't have these luxuries). Personally, I enjoy our language and if I want to learn a different one I will but, I don't want it forced on me. Please remember that without our veterans we could be speaking a much different language and we could be living under a very different set of restrictions. In addition to this, our forefathers took alot of time to give us our rights under our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Please don't step on them. If we do it now to each other eventually someone from a foriegn country will try and that is when these rights go away. If these rights go away when will food be rationed and healthcare stepped on?
thoughtpenumbra
on 7/21/06 2:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hilarious! ...And thank you for serving our country!
Mike B.
on 7/21/06 3:32 pm - Tolleson, AZ
You're welcome Amber and thank you for supporting our troops. ya gotta love them for all the sacrifices they make for all of us. Have a super weekend. love Mike
BIG F.
on 7/22/06 9:07 am - chandler, AZ
GO NAVY
Mike B.
on 7/22/06 9:40 am - Tolleson, AZ
never mind the navy. First things first. How you doing after your surgery guy? Hopefully feeling okay and watching the pounds disappear. I guess you belong to the Chandler support group. There were so many people there I don't know if I met you at the Spring Fling or not. That was a fun function and met some cool people there. My home is in Lake Havasu City but I spend a lot of time down here with my favorite nurse Also still recovering from last foot surgery. That damn boot I have to wear does not feel to comfy with our triple digit temps down here in Phoenix. Hope u are having a good weekend Big Funn. Are you going to change your name from Big Funn to Little Funn when you reach goal? Cheers and stay well Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
BIG F.
on 7/22/06 11:55 am - chandler, AZ
I'm coming along fine, still sore from surgery I had open RNY, my energy level is low but I will see my doctor next week to make sure I'm OK. As far as changing my name will cross that bridge when I get to it but I can't wait. Lamont
Mike B.
on 7/22/06 4:21 pm - Tolleson, AZ
You will make it just fine Lamont. If I can make it 20+ years now since my WLS anybody can do it. As far as being sore too bad they didnt do yours lap. I had my wls open too though it was an ancient bilio pancreatic bypass and they were not doing lap in those days but the bad thing was 2 years postop I developed an incisional hernia when I figured I was home free. Back to the hospital and they put that mesh in there this time so it would not herniate there again. so far so good 18 years since the repair job. Take care of yourself cheers Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
debrahn
on 7/22/06 3:42 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Mike, Just wanted to say thanks for serving our great country! I too am proud to be an American! My son is a Nuke in the Navy stationed at Norfolk, VA. I miss him lots, but I'm one proud mom. I feel your pain with your foot....really. Summer before last I fractured my leg and was in a full leg brace for about 4 months. Then had foot surgery and had to wear that fancy boot. Not a fun thing to do in the hot AZ heat. It will get better. Debbie
Mike B.
on 7/22/06 4:31 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Thanks Debbie and thanks to your son for the job he is doing for all of us. I lived in Norfolk for 3 years during WW II. Remember a lot about that town. These foot surgeries are getting old had one last sept. and was in wheel chair for that one for a while then another one in Nov which was the same type I am recovering from this time but this one on right foot. Had the boot for the one in Nov too but it wasnt so warm then and I got an infection in there this time so it slowed down the healing while the antibiotic has been working. I see the doc on Tuesday and pray the boot goes away then. I need to get back to Lake havasu for some other MD appts and running low on some of my meds that I have more of back there. I am sure u had a picnic with that full leg brace. I wanted a doc at the Mayo clinic in Scottsdale to do some other surgery on both feet but it would have required full cast 6 months for each foot and dont think I could have put up with it for that long so havent done it and doubt I will now. Getting too old for that stuff. Hope ur enjoying the weekend. love Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
Most Active