A Comment on Bilingual America

Mike B.
on 7/20/06 10:56 pm - Tolleson, AZ
A Comment on Bilingual America There may be those among you who support a Spanish national anthem. I for one am dead set against it. We should preserve the sanctity of the English language. To all those schlemiels and schlimazels, nebbishes, nudniks, klutzes, putzes, schlubs, schmos, schmucks, nogoodniks, and momzers that happen to be lurking out there in the crowd, I just wanted to say that I get sentimental when I think about English and its place in our society. To tell the truth, it makes me so verklempt I'm fit to plotz. That's why this whole schmeer gets me so barayges when I hear these mavens and luftmenschen kvetching about it as our national language. What chutzpah! These schmengeges can schlep their schlock about the cultural and linguistic diversity of our country and of English itself, but I, for, one am not buying their shtick. It's all so much dreck, as far as I'm concerned. I exhort you all to be Menschen about this and stand up to their fardrayte arguments and meshugganah farschtunkene assertions. It wouldn't be kosher to do anything else. Remember, when all is said and done, we have English and they have bubkes.
K B (Tucson)
on 7/21/06 2:14 am - Tucson, AZ
I have read several of your posts and understand that you are a very proud veteran, but this post has no place on this forum. This forum is about weight loss, not political views. Please find another outlet for these political messages. They are offensive to those of us who do not share your point of view.
Mike B.
on 7/21/06 4:23 am - Tolleson, AZ
Have you noticed the posts are are all in English and my post was a joke sent to me which I chose to share with my friends on the boards. I am surprised with all the Yiddish words used in there you couldn't see the humor in same. Sorry you were offended. BTW What does this have to do with my veteran status which you know nothing about? I see many things on the different boards that are not always about WLS. If the moderators or censors from OH don't like it they will pull the post. Have a nice day Karol.
K B (Tucson)
on 7/21/06 4:25 am - Tucson, AZ
I find no humor in denigrating others. Again, this is not a political forum. This is about weight loss. There is nothing about weight loss in that post or your response.
Mike B.
on 7/21/06 5:22 am - Tolleson, AZ
Dear Karol, since I don't know you, I took the liberty of going back and reading everything you posted on the OH boards since you first joined or at least since you first posted anything under your current profile and I found more than one instance where you got into conversations with some members discussing family problems, kids, etc so please don't operate under a double standard with me. Many of our members are depressed for one reason or another which we all have encountered in our lives and I enjoy making people laugh again and take their minds off of their problems. The comical nature of the post was all the Yiddish words used by a fellow Jewish friend of mine and was not meant to insult any ethnic group. This is the last thing I have to say on this subject and I have already said more in this thread than I intended to but wanted to clarify a couple of things for you. If you were conversant in Yiddish, you would have found it amusing also. I consider this matter closed and no further responses on the subject will come from me. Good afternoon.
Nicole W.
on 7/21/06 4:55 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I agree with you... Yes, this is a weight loss board, but I have read many many posts where they were Off Topic and not related to Weight Loss or Obesity. Speak among friends... this is a message board, the internet... lighten up.
JRinAZ
on 7/21/06 5:49 am - Layton, UT
Funny twist on a very hot issue Mike! But...y'know...if I were "non-English" ; and we all have some type of heritage....I may be offended with this post. In fact, I think I might be a little offended anyway! .....I take most things with a grain of salt and a lightness of humor but yet sometimes it doesn't hurt to pause and ask "will this post be received well by most"? I have so many years of pulling my feet from my mouth when I've needed to apologize for offending. I'm usually the one that needs to be reminded to think twice. So, what's up with the Weight Loss World? Joyce
Stephanie B.
on 7/21/06 7:19 am - North Port, FL
Ok i will say two things about this and the responses REMEMBER JUST MY OPINION! I can totally find the humor in this. Second by being able to post potentially "unpolitically correct" posts is another reason why I love being an American WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST THESE! Now while they may offend some I am sorry about that, but I for one am sick of being censored and made to feel like I have done something wrong when I say "Merry Christmas" "God Bless You" when someone sneezes and being told my Christian beliefs may offend or trouble someone else. Here is all I have left to say: 1. I am so proud to be an American! 2. I am proud of all the vets I have in my family and embrace the rights they fought for 3. I am proud to be a Catholic Christian woman who loves God and I feel blessed to be in a country that I have the right to say this! GOD, COUNTRY, CORPS! SEMPER FI! Can you guess what branch is represented 6 times over in my family? LOL I respect everyone, even if I do not agree with what they believe, if I find what they say offensive I just remember that they have that right just like I have my right to say how I feel. I truly embrace diversity it is what has made this a wonderful country. I ask every night for God to bless EVERYONE even those I may be at odds with and I ask him to protect and watch over our troops all across the world! Now as Joyce said how are things in your WLS world? Love Stephi
debrahn
on 7/22/06 3:21 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Very well said!
victorious711
on 7/21/06 8:00 am - flagstaff, AZ
oy vey!
Most Active