MOVIE THEATER MUNCHIES

sgirl
on 7/20/06 8:04 am - tucson, AZ
What is a good movie theater munchie for me at 5 weeks post-op?
AZGirl
on 7/20/06 12:58 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Hi Sally, I had surgery with Scottsdale Bariatric almost 4 months ago. As you know, snacking is discouraged. I'm sorry, but knowing their eating guidelines, I would have to say nothing is a good munchie. I have been to the movies several times since my surgery and have not had any munchies. There is really nothing there good for us. Maybe you can bring some soy nuts because they have protein, but I would only do that if you are going to consider that a meal. They have their reasons for discouraging snacking. But, you should really be checking with Nancy or Cassie on this question. I would be interested in hearing what they would say. Take Care Joanne
K B (Tucson)
on 7/20/06 1:34 pm - Tucson, AZ
I have the band and not the bypass, but I agree with the first response. Part of the behavior that made and kept us fat was snacking. When we snack we tend to lose track of how much we eat and therefore overeat. Better to break this habit now. Surely you can enjoy a movie without a coke and popcorn. Good luck.
Sandy in Tucson
on 7/20/06 2:18 pm - Tucson, AZ
I agree with the above posts. I just can not see why you need a snack in a movie...I know everyone else may be eating high calorie things.........but that is what got us obese to start with. If you have to have something try jerky.....or very low caloried protein bar. We are not try to be hard on you.
jenniebr
on 7/21/06 10:05 am - queen creek, AZ
While I agree about the no snacking, I sometimes find the movie I wish to see is during a time I eat. Especially long movies! When that happens, I take my meal with me. I have the band so I don't know what type of foods you are allowed. I take chicken salad, egg salad, jerky or whatever I feel like having at meal time. Remember to bring a fork. There are theaters that allow outside food from eateries in the area. There will not be anything to buy that you should be eating. I eat 6 meals a day and they could be considered snacks to some. I always take a water bottle in with me. Good luck and enjoy the movie! Jen
Most Active