Well, here we go again...

victorious711
on 7/19/06 9:28 am - flagstaff, AZ
As of tomorrow I am AGAIN starting my 'two week pre op diet'. Since my hospital stay for MS last week they pushed my surgery to 8/3, so now I am ready to start starving all over again Its actually a good thing.....I found out that the supplement shake I had bought for this pre surgical diet are not good at all. I mean they taste yummy BUT THEY HAVE 40G of CARBS!!! How on EARTH can they call that a diet supplement shake? sheesh. So tomorrow I start the diet and pray that I dont have any more MS exaserbations before surgery. Had this not happened I would have had it this last Monday (17th) Oh well, it all happens for a reason. Two more week and I am a loser :D
Tiffany McGee
on 7/20/06 1:27 am - Glendale, AZ
Good Luck Victoria. I'm currently on my pre-op diet right now. And boy the first two days have been a doosey! But I'm hanging in there. Take Care and Best of Wishes for your upcoming surgery! Tiff
victorious711
on 7/20/06 3:23 am - flagstaff, AZ
Ughh, I went out last night, for a 'last meal' as it were. nothing major, we always go to Coco's after church on wednesday nights with friends, but egads I got soooooo sick, Not the best way to end it IMO. I shared spinach artichoke dip with the group (7 of us) (which I adore and will miss terribly afterwards to tell the truth), an angus steak sandwhich with grillied onions and sweeet potato fries with ranch dresing. Not like some major meal or anything but something about it did NOT sit well and I was sick as a dog for hours afterwards. Still not feeling 100% this AM. But will do my best to stick to the regimen now that I am am exactly two weeks out. Only had water this AM so far, will do a shake with fruit for lunch. I think I have some chicken inthe freezer for my 4 oz of protein and I have TONS of veggies. (of which I am allowed 4 oz) Is everyones pre-diet the same?
LuvinMe Again
on 7/22/06 5:57 pm
I just wanted to say good luck! I know how hard the pre-op dieting can be. Rest assured that after your surgery, you will not feel the kind of hunger that you feel on that kind of diet now (at least at first). I'm excited for you that your surgery is coming up soon (again). Be sure to fill us in on developments! JAMi
Most Active