Last Pre-Surgery appoint done!

Tiffany McGee
on 7/18/06 11:20 am - Glendale, AZ
Thats it, all pre-surgical requirements are finally done. Finished up the lab work this afternoon (not as planned... but that is o.k). Did my last pre-surgical appointment with my Surgeon today (got lost going to the new place and I had GREAT directions). So now I wait for the next thing.... SURGERY! As usual I'm nervous. I was doing fine, until I read the acknowledgment and consent of surgery form... hehe. Also started my liquid diet today. SO things are very amusing at my house. I didn't know my stomach could growl this much. I'm filling up with lots of fluids and soups. So I shouldn't be hungry, right??? Well, I'm going to get the boys food done and then head off to bed. Take Care All! Skinny wishes and Sweet Dreams! Tiff
vquigley
on 7/18/06 11:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Tiff, It's almost here and we'll both be on the losing side. I went to my pre-op education class today not knowing that the office had moved over July 4th weekend. So . . . I went to the office next to St. Joe's only to find out they had moved. Fortunately, I left the house early enough I still made it on time. Haven't had time to digest all the pre-op stuff but I plan to read up on that tonight and send my husband to the comissary with a list so I'll be prepared. Good luck to us both! Virginia
Tiffany McGee
on 7/18/06 11:45 pm - Glendale, AZ
Virginia - We will so be losers soon! I'm excited and nervous, but you totally know how that goes. Dr. Newhoff was in rare form yesterday too. We talked more about his trip to England and Scotland than we did about me. He was very amused with my questions, and I kept trying to get him to go drink some iced tea. I'm so glad you made it to your class... What time were you there? I was there around 2ish. I got lost too... hhehehe... As if I wouldn't. But I made it there. Take Care Virginia, and if you get a chance over the weekend of the 28th, come by for a visit. I promise I'll put my brave face on. Take Care! Tiff
vquigley
on 7/19/06 1:34 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Tiff, My pre-op class was first thing in the morning so we finished up about 10:30 a.m. My appointment with Dr. Newhoff is next Wednesday. At least when he met with you yesterday he was talking about something interesting like England and Scotland. When I met with him the first time, we talked politics and like you, I wanted to talk about me! I don't think you get as lost as you think you do. I do plan to drop by to see you the weekend you have surgery so I can see for myself what I have to look forward to. We're headed towards the losing side!!! Good luck, Virginia
Tiffany McGee
on 7/20/06 12:51 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh sweets! I can get so backwards it's hilarious! I may know the jist of how to get there, but I may have to find it backwards to make it to the right spot. I'll know where to go the next time. It will be great to see you, definitely stop by. See you on the losing side! Take Care *HUGS* Tiff
Mike B.
on 7/18/06 2:40 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Glad u are putting the finishing touches on all the preop tests Tiff. You will do great. My foot is aching pretty bad but am trying to take it easy on the pain killers. If the doc knew I went to the meeting saturday without that monster boot on my foot he might have had some unmentionable words for me. Taking my antibiotics and Kat his changing dressing daily as it is draining quite a bit. Getting in plenty of viewing the boob tube that is for sure. How does your hubby feel about your upcoming wls? I hope he isn't worrying too much. None of us can help doing a little of that. They have this stuff down to a science now. Not like it was when I had my ancient wls. Take care of yourself hon. big huggssssssssssssss luv Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
Tiffany McGee
on 7/18/06 11:41 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hey Mike, Sorry to hear that your foot is giving you problems. I hope it gets better soon. Tell Katherine she's a real trooper! My hubby is rather reserved so he doesn't say much. He is very supportive, but in a very quiet manner. He just wants my surgery to go without a problem and my recovery be complication free. He's only a little worried. But you wouldn't notice it if you talked to him. Stay off your foot for a while so it can heal o.k! Take care of yourself! *HUGS* Tiff
sallyann
on 7/19/06 2:23 am - page, AZ
WOWZA!!!! You are almost there!!! The hard part is over! To me the surgery was a breeze! Getting all the pre op tests and Insurance approvals was so frustrating to me!! Im so happy for you ! We will talk soon ok? Sally
Tiffany McGee
on 7/19/06 3:30 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Sally! Yes we will talk soon. Take Care! Maybe one of these days Mike, Josh and I can take a trip out your way and visit. Take Care! Tiff
tweet-tweet
on 7/20/06 1:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 03/17/14
Congrats on getting it all done! Also, I wanted to add that your son is a beauty! Tweet
Most Active