Tucson bandsters - where for fills for banded in MX?

lizziegrace
on 7/17/06 4:07 pm - Marana, AZ
I was banded in MX 3 weeks ago, and am looking for someone to do fills. Monte Schwartz WILL be doing fills under fluro, but at this time, his office is not sure when that will begin. I have tried to call Lorna Reisner FNP, but the number I have for her is disconnected. This leaves Wendy Hall, but with her in Phoenix, I'm hoping to find someone closer. Is there anyone else??? Names and numbers would be most helpful! Thanks!! Oh, one more thing... this is going to sound so... stupid, but I have NOT been able to figure out how to search on this messageboard. I must be missing it... but I've looked everywhere. Anyone, anyone??? Lizzie
Sandy in Tucson
on 7/18/06 7:50 am - Tucson, AZ
I have been reading most Dr.s wait 2-3 months for the first fill.......Sandy
lizziegrace
on 7/18/06 8:13 am - Marana, AZ
Thanks so much for the quick reply, Sandy. No, my doctor says 4 - 6 weeks. I imagine I'll fall around the 6 week mark, but am looking for follow-up care now just to have my options clear. If I haven't found anyone close within the next week, I'll probably have to travel back to TJ which may take a few weeks to plan. Actually, really to clarify, my doctor says you CAN have a fill in 4 - 6 weeks, but should not have a fill at all if you are steadily losing. He says when I've gone 2 -3 weeks without any weight loss, then I should schedule a fill. The reason I know I'll need one soon is that I have absolutely NO restriction. I swear, I CAN eat as much as I could before. I TRY to be good, but heck, if I could do this on willpower alone, I wouldn't need the band in the first place. Now I'm looking forward to finding proper restricion and continuing on my weight loss journey. Thanks again for your response. I posted on lapbandtalk and got completely overlooked! Lizzie
K B (Tucson)
on 7/18/06 8:44 am - Tucson, AZ
Lizzie I am also banded. Are you unable or unwilling to go back to your doc in Mex for your first fill? I would advise going back to your surgeon in Mex as they typically use fluro and they can check your progress. Monte Schwatrz is the only bariatrician at this time who will take Mex patients in Tucson. If the nurse practitioner who comes to Phx is unavailable, then I know of no other options. Do you know about the Tucson Bandster group that just started? Let me know.
K B (Tucson)
on 7/18/06 8:45 am - Tucson, AZ
Duh! Of course you know about the bandster group. I did not fully read your name when responding!
lizziegrace
on 7/18/06 9:12 am - Marana, AZ
Yes! I do! But in all the excitement of having gotten my surgery and then post op stuff, I lost track of your emails and wasn't sure how to contact you guys! AND, I still haven't figured out how to search on OH so I couldn't go back and find my old posts. Anyway, the surgery went super well and I'm excited to begin my journey. The only reason I don't want to go back to TJ is because I'm plain embarrassed that I've been eating like a pig and my weight loss stopped at 14 pounds! What happened to that really amzing 40 lb loss I was expecting between surgery and fill?? Okay, okay, I know, NOT realistic for everyone. But I am embarrassed. I was hoping the next time I saw him I would be skinny! My husband is all for taking a weekend and getting filled in TJ, maybe I should just go ahead and do that. Thanks for your help and quick reply! Oh, one more thing, will you please let me know about the meeting info again? When, where and time? Thanks. Lizzie
Most Active