Hi I'm a newbie :)

Katie L.
on 7/16/06 4:11 am - Buckeye, AZ
Hello everyone...My name is Katie & I have been a lurker for about 2 months now. I have decided to have WLS & this website is amazing!! I have already been to my PCP for a referral & I am going to the group consult on Thursday w/ Dr. Newhoff. I just wanted to introduce myself because I want to participate in the discussions & not be just a *lurker*. I look forward to meeting you all ! Katie
K B (Tucson)
on 7/16/06 5:30 am - Tucson, AZ
What surgery will you have?
vquigley
on 7/16/06 7:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Katie, Welcome! I have only been a member of OH about 6 months and have learned many things from others on the board. I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Newhoff on July 31 and have been impressed with his experience. Good luck! Virginia
Katie L.
on 7/16/06 9:10 am - Buckeye, AZ
I would like to have LAP done. My sister had open done by Dr. Newhoff & she said he only did open. I saw that on his profile here on OH is says he would start LAP in 6/05. Does he do LAP now ?
vquigley
on 7/16/06 12:11 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Katie, When I talked to him in April, he said he only does open RNY because he likes to be able to check out other organs while he is doing surgery--said he has found a couple of colon cancers that patients didn't know they had by being able to check things out. I myself decided that after reviewing the differences between Lap and Open, decided that open was the way that I wanted to go because I wanted to minimize all risk factors. I know that Dr. Simon, Dr. Newhoff's partner, does Lap. Good luck! Virginia
Katie L.
on 7/17/06 1:48 am - Buckeye, AZ
Thanks Virginia! Good luck with surgery !! Pretty soon you will be on the losing side & I can't wait to join you
Tiffany McGee
on 7/17/06 4:19 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Katie! WELCOME Nice to meet you. Congrats on your up and coming group consult. I'm having surgery with Dr. Newhoff on July 28th. Also, there is a West Valley Group that holds meetings on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays at 10am at the Banner Estrella Hosptial. We also have a yahoo group that we post messages on frequently too. I think it is WLS Phoenix. Our next meeting is July 29th. Feel free to join us, we would be delighted to meet you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Take Care! Tiff
Most Active