What is an Angel?

jgowan
on 7/13/06 10:58 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
I was hoping someone would let me know what an angel, does, and why you need one? And also why do so few of us have one? Oh and how do you get one. Thanks
kayjaybee
on 7/13/06 1:01 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hiya Jessica, I think an angel reports on your surgical status, provides a visit or chat if you're up to it at the hospital and in general is just someone who is your "buddy" through the learning and beginning stages of WLS. Again, I think that's what it's all about. I'm scheduled for Aug 16th with Dr. Fang and I myself am looking for an angel. When's your surgery date? Perhaps we could be each other's angels?? Take care - Hugs, Kris
Mike B.
on 7/15/06 9:48 am - Tolleson, AZ
If you two decide to be each others remember when you go to the hospital due to the privacy act, to let your angel know important information on you, names, a family contact and most important the hospital will ask you in writing and requests a reply from you in writing as to who they can release information about your condition to. There is nothing more frustrating than to be an angel for someone and the person forgot to notify the hospital personnel that they had your permission for them to give you information when you call up or if you are there in person for that matter. I was an a number of times in recent years and most of them were out of state but I learned to make sure to remind the person I was the for to give that important information to the hospital. Good luck to both of you. Make sure you check the link dametooter put in this thread for you to get an idea what an is supposed to do besides letting the patients friends on the boards know about your condition and when to tell them so that patient is not bombarded with phone calls just after she gets out of recovery and is in her room. She may not be in any mood to be chatting on the phone rite away. love Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/06 5:30 pm - Yakima, WA
Not sure what an angel is or how to be/get one? http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/beanangel.phtml explains it very well.
Most Active