Colonoscomy question

JRinAZ
on 7/12/06 7:54 am - Layton, UT
Someone sent me a private e-mail asking me if a colonscomy is required before surgery? I apologize but I accidentally deleted the message before I could respond....so, please write to me again!!! K??? Anyway........NO WAY! You do NOT have to have a colonoscomay before weiight loss surgery or before plastic surgery or before a revision UNLESS there is a lower bowel issue of some type. I had the "C" because girls my age are supposed to have them to establish a baseline for future scans. Sorry I don't remember the rest of your question!!! Huggggz, Joyce
Mike B.
on 7/12/06 8:59 am - Tolleson, AZ
I had one the end of May, Joyce and get one ever 5 years. I also had an endoscopy at the same time b/c I had an incident about 6 years ago where there was some blood inside the stomach wall which the gastroenterologist was concerned about b/c of my gastric bypass way back in June 1986. As far as the colonoscopy goes I lost a kid sister at age 27 to colon cancer and I felt with a history of it in the immediate family it was to my advantage to get it checked and do every 5 years. It is not required normally before wls or plastic surgery. I do have a friend in NC who had WLS a few months ago and she is in her early 50's. They requested she have a colonoscopy prior to her wls b/c her Mother had colon cancer. She is glad she had it done and thank G-D it was ok. I was her angel for her WLS. I will be 68 this August so important at my age to have these checkups. love Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ still recovering from foot surgery almost a week ago.
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/13/06 5:55 am - Tucson, AZ
Joyce It was me and thanks for responding. I have already had one too and don't really want to have it again. Becky
lemarie22
on 7/15/06 8:45 am - Glendale, AZ
Joyce, I had a colonoscopy before my wls because colon cancer runs rampant in my family and my surgeon wanted one done before she did my wls. She required that a mammogram had been done within the year also. I do believe I was a special case. Connie
Most Active