In Need of Clothes.

Darlene X
on 7/11/06 11:05 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Ughhh this weight loss is getting too expensive.... LOL Im running out of stuff to wear to work..... with hubby starting a new job... he finished his old one kind of early, so we are missing a whole paycheck and have to pay back vacation time that he used when he was sick with his stricture/gall bladder. This isnt a pity party! The new job will put us in a much better place, but not for a month or two until we get back on track.... Im just in desperate need for clothing to wear to work... I was wondering if anyone out there has any size 18 pants/skirts or 20-22-24 tops... that you were just going to give away....that don't fit anymore. I can come pick anything up. When I out shrink stuff I will then pass along to others... Otherwise Im going to check a few thrift stores this weekend (Savers was suggested to me last night at support group) and see if I can find anything cheap. My only pants for work are almost falling off... Just wanted to see if anyone has anything. Darlene
Kathleen H.
on 7/11/06 11:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
Darlene, Sorry I don't have anything that size but I wanted to chime in about SAVERS!!! I think you'll love this store because they take the time to sort the clothes out into several sections...long sleeve blouses, t-shirts, shorts, slacks, jeans, etc. Very easy to go in and find something specific you need. They even sort them in these sections by color. They have daily tag colors that are 50% off. The only thing is when something comes in they'll sometimes price it too high for 2nd hand because it's new to them but the longer the item is there the less expensive it becomes. Good luck and take care!! Kathleen
Darlene X
on 7/12/06 1:30 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks. I think we are going to give savers a try this weekend.... I need stuff ASAP... I bought 4-5 shirts from Avenue, and thought I was set for a while-- they were just V neck shirts, but they were cheap and the color went all weird, so now I can't wear them which is why Im in such a bind.
Ginger
on 7/12/06 12:42 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Darlene, You are getting just too skinny!!! I'm not down to a size 18 myself on the bottoms..I'm jealous!!! I try to keep the bigger clothes out of my closet as quickly as I can..don't want to fall back into my safety-net ya know. I gotta tell ya...I never thought I'd buy clothes in a second hand store but I do..and this Saturday is 1/2 at all Goodwill stores. My hubby and I make the rounds every other Saturday. You have to get there early for the best pickins and the small crowds..make sure EJ is behind you when your pants fall off Good luck bargain huntin" Hugs and stitchesGinger
Darlene X
on 7/12/06 1:32 am - Maricopa, AZ
Someone told me the Goodwill 50% Saturday wasn't until next Saturday?? I can wear smaller sizes on the bottom, but am having issues getting any smaller on top--- I keep telling myself I have broad shoulders LOL
Ginger
on 7/12/06 3:45 am - Chandler, AZ
Awwh Darlene, You and I dear have the opposite problems. i'm getting smaller on the top and staying steady on the bottom half. Frustrating! Yes, this Saturday is the 1/2 price Saturday..it happens to come on our Payday week..and doesn't everybody know when that day falls?? Hugs and Stiches, Ginger
Sandy in Tucson
on 7/12/06 5:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Our weight loss group has like 50 bags of nice clothes. I mean trash bag size.......we have a clothing exchange at the monthly pot lucks. We get so many donations we donate to womens shelters 2 x a year or so to unload all the many bags. Get a clothing exchange started with your weight loss group. I mean I have found some wonderful things...and all free. Sandy
Purple_Lady
on 7/12/06 1:41 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Sandy, I'm also in need of some clothes. When is the August Pot Luck and Where? I worked on July first so I couldn't make it to the birthday party/strut. I swim every day if I can and just had to buy a new swimming suit (ouch $39). I'm so excited, I'm down 58 pounds (that's 1/3 of goal) and I'm going to have my first horseback riding lesson at the end of this month, One of my personal goals is to show Arabian Horses, I have a Horse Trainer who is going to help make my show clothes so I don't bounce any extra skin when I riding. Christi The Purple Lady of Tucson 5/30/06 RNY 5'8" 323/265/158
debrahn
on 7/12/06 6:09 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hi, Darlene! I can't help you out yet, but, hopefully, will be able to soon. My revision should be scheduled around the beginning of Sept or possible the end of August. Once I'm back in the loser's club, I'll have a ton of size 14 s and large, x-large tops to give away. You'll probably be in a 14 within a couple months so keep me in mind. Take care, Debbie
schootzie
on 7/12/06 8:34 am - Mesa, AZ
Darlene - This is Liza.. we met last night at the meeting. Well at any rate I have several things in that size range that are just hanging in my closet collecting dust. I in the last year have had a weight gain issue. If you want to come over sometime this weekend, just let me know... no charge! Liza
Most Active