Endoscopy scheduled

Sandy in Tucson
on 7/11/06 7:26 am - Tucson, AZ
I have had a lot of stomach pain this last month. It is off and on...no rhyme or reason. I am also having dark stools. I take iron supplement daily ferrous gluconate 324 mg--that does cause dark stools. Anyways, I have an endoscopy scheduled for next Tuesday. My friend in Tucson nearly died from internal bleeding from a ulcer at 4 months after RNY. So, I want to be safe. If this is complication...so be it....RNY was so worth it. With 190 lbs off. Sandy
Mike B.
on 7/11/06 10:10 am - Tolleson, AZ
It is well worth having done Sandy. I had one about 5 weeks ago along with colonoscopy. He said my stomach and all the stuff from my 20 year old wls looked fine. About 6 years ago I had some unexplained bleeding on wall of the stomach which they fixed with some medication but I get checked every 5 years to be safe. No reoccurrences. They gave me an IV with some demerol in it so I was in LALA land though I have had them with nothing before and never bothered me as long as they sprayed the throat to numb it so I didnt gag from the scope, Good luck on it. Hope all is ok. Let us know. I take supplemental iron also RX Folrin 2 caps twice a day total of 440mg. Been taking it for about 17 years or so before I was taking the OTC one which was not working well. My ferritin level is fine. One thng I have noticed is that when I am taking a lot of the protein supplement every day which I have upped to about 88grams and it is chocolate or cookies and cream flavored plus I drink a lot of coffee during any given 24 hour period, sometimes the stool is very dark. MD says this is normal with my BPD bypass. Hope all turns out well for you. love Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ still recuperating from my foot surgery last friday.
LisaSpi
on 7/11/06 11:01 am - Tucson, AZ
Hope everything goes well Sandy.......
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/06 2:55 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Sandy - please dont worry - we will all keep you in our prayers for next Tuesday. You have done so beautifully - you are such an inspiration to all of us - take care. Debbie
JRinAZ
on 7/11/06 3:05 pm - Layton, UT
HI Sandy! Sorry you are having problems but my research indicates a definite trend towards an "unidenitified" mid section pain in many Rny post-ops. Most docs assume it's gall blader, then they check for a hernia, then they check for an ulcer....when/if they come up empty handed they suggest stress! .....I'm thinking that our Rny's are just ticking off our anatomy and our bodies are rebelling with some little or some big pain! .... I take Nexium for my unidentified pain and it seems to keep me painfree.....when I stop it then it returns BUT ...NOONE can find anything wrong with me!!!! (except my hubby, my children, my sisters and my psychiatrist!!! ) I had an endoscopy a couple of weeks ago..........I kind of freaked out when they put this little mouth holder thing on me and then came towards my face with the scope........I popped up and knocked the thing out of the docs hands! ....It's funny now that time has passed but I guess I ticked her off enough that she knocked me out in a second with an injection of something!!!!! ....I don't even remember "coming to" that day! LOL! Good luck sweetie pie! I hope they find the source so they can tackle it! Huggggz, Joyce
Sandy in Tucson
on 7/11/06 4:13 pm - Tucson, AZ
I have no gall bladder and no hernia......so it has to be a ulcer. Sandy
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/14/06 2:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Try not to get too stressed before you find out what is causing the pain. I will be thinking of you Sandy and will see you at the next Eastside group meeting. BeckyG
Most Active