plastic surgeon

lizarizona
on 7/11/06 12:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone have a plastic surgeon to reccomend? I want one with skill but also someone who has a compassion for people with a history of obesity. thank you
Janette
on 7/11/06 8:30 am - Peoria, AZ
On May 24th I had an abdominoplasty, thigh lift and brachioplasty by Dr Ali Mosharrafa in Phx and am very pleased with the results and him both as a surgeon and his caring and compassionate nature. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/126 - 237 lbs 5-24-06 abdominoplasty, thigh lift and brachioplasty ( Dr Ali Mosharrafa)
lemarie22
on 7/11/06 10:07 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Liz, I had abdominoplasty and brachioplasty with Dr. Mazaheri in Scottsdale. He specializes in Massive Weight Loss patients and I couldn't be more thrilled. There are lots of plastic surgeons and everyone loves theirs the best so I suggest you take a look at the surgeon board and read the comments. http://obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/plastic+surgeons+in+arizona.html You'll want to interview several surgeons and see who you feel will do the best job for you. There have been a couple of posts on this subject on the Arizona board and you may want to read them. I think that in the first link below, Joyce lists several of the surgeons that she saw for a consult. In teh second link, there is some information about PS in general. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/postdetail/11960.html?vc=0#11960 http://obesityhelp.com/forums/AZ/postdetail/10789.html?vc=0 Best of luck and let me know if I can help. Connie
lizarizona
on 7/12/06 2:15 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you for the information. I had a routine doc appt. and decided to make a consult appt. with Dr. Parson... I went in and the woman said... we don't take any insurance and we don't do breast reductions. I can't figure out if I need a breast lift or reduction. Also... I would like to see if insurance would cover... but some don't even deal with insurance. Any thoughts or experiences with coverage? Liz
lemarie22
on 7/15/06 8:58 am - Glendale, AZ
Liz, At first, I started out trying to get insurance coverage. There was only one surgeon who was experienced with weight loss patients and who took my insurance, but we didn't click. I filed for insurance anyway and was denied. I was in the middle of the appeal process when I decided that I would rather go ahead and pay myself for someone that I was confident in. Luckily I was able to refinance my house and get enough money. You're going to find that there are quite a few plastic surgeons who do not take insurance. If you do decide that you are going to try to go through insurance, I would suggest getting your pcp to take meticulous notes on what problems your redundant skin is causing for you. If you have rashes or infections, you'll want to take lots of pictures and document what steps you are taking to clear this up, short of removal of the skin. Check with your insurance carrier and see what their guidelines are. Some require that you have lost over 100 pounds and that the redundant skinn is causing health issues that cannot be remedied with conventional methods such as creams and antibiotics. Other people have had few issues with getting their surgeries covered. Connie
Most Active