17 days till surgery and I got a Cold

Tiffany McGee
on 7/10/06 4:32 am - Glendale, AZ
O.k. so what do I do? I seem to have stumbled onto a nice cold. I have a cough that isn't deep into my chest, just at the top. A scratchy throat and stuffy nose. What I can do it zap this sucker so I don't have to worry about it prior to surgery? Any help is greatly appreciated.... Tiff PS today is one of the first days I'm actually happy I won't be having my surgery on the 13th of July. I'm sure they would say no if they heard me cough...
Brandy H
on 7/10/06 9:29 am - Glendale, AZ
vitamin ****il you literally have diarreah!!! my aunt (who's a nurse used to tell me that when i was little...her kids were never sick) i think those airborne's need to be taken ASAP to work. who knows...if you can stand the taste of them try those. but vitamin C, lots of rest, and lots of water to flu**** out. hope it works! brandy
desert rat
on 7/10/06 12:18 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Chicken soup really does work!! I buy the Knorrt chicken broth at Sam's Club/Costco that comes loose in the big jar (not the cubes). Just keep a pot of ho****er going and mix & drink one cup at a time. I've been surprised at how well it works. Also the broth is excellent for you once you're post-op. The Knorr brand is really delicious, too! Don't worry about anything, an average cold will be long gone in less than 3 weeks. See you Saturday, Dj
lemarie22
on 7/10/06 1:31 pm - Glendale, AZ
Tiff, I swear by Cold-Eeze. My last cold was gone in 3 days while everyone else around me had theirs linger and linger and linger. Connie
Mike B.
on 7/10/06 1:40 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Hurry up and get well Tiff. Maybe you need some Jewish penecillian. that is supposed to cure anything from hemmoroids to hangnails Hope i am well enough to make the meeting this weekend. love Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
sallyann
on 7/11/06 4:31 am - page, AZ
Hi tiff, are you feeling better today? You have had some great advice here. Take care and get plenty of rest... tootles! sally
BOBINA
on 7/11/06 5:26 am - mesa, AZ
CALL YOUR DOCTOR !!!! He needs to know ! he may want to start you on something. my best advice otehr than soup , vitamin c and garlic in that soup is ... plenty of sleep !! dont wear yourself down and make it worse !
Tiffany McGee
on 7/12/06 4:40 am - Glendale, AZ
O.k. I'm trying Zicam to rid myself of the cough. I've called the Dr.'s Office, I have my pre-op appoint. on July 18th - no return call as of yet. I'm still coughing, but I don't have that disconnected feeling anymore. Now if I could make that darn cough go away I think things would be fine. Thank you everyone for the help. Take care! Tiff
Most Active