Blisters On Lips

desert rat
on 7/9/06 9:42 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hey Y'all, I have a friend who is 3 or 4 months post-op and has asked me if I, or anyone I know, has had a problem with blisters on their lips. I am one year post-op and have never had a problem but thought I'd put the question out there & see if any of y'all could help. She says it's happened to her a couple of times since surgery. Any ideas Dj
cindy
on 7/9/06 12:26 pm - Mesa, az
She may be allergic to latex. I would get blisters after a dentist visit because of the latex gloves, so I now ask for a latex free surgery room. The tube that they use down your thoart may have given her blisters, or something she is now using. Cindy Smith Open RNY 8-6-03 w/Dr Zahn - 186 lbs BR 8-4-04 w/Dr Wiener TT w hernia repair 2-7-05 w/Dr Wiener AL 1-12-06 w/Dr Wiener
JRinAZ
on 7/9/06 1:06 pm - Layton, UT
DJ? Has she been eating a lot of nuts? Shell fish? Soy protein? ...she may be having an allergic reaction....also, if she is dehydrated then sometimes the lips will blister. I'd suggset hydrating, staying out of the sun, eating a bland diet for a bit and calling a doc just to make sure it's nothing serious! (carmex helps on the lips) Joyce
Brandy H
on 7/10/06 9:34 am - Glendale, AZ
could they just be feverblisters from the bloody az heat?? my mom and grandma and my sister always get them....i missed out on that trait. brandy
desert rat
on 7/10/06 12:04 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Thanks ladies, I'll pass on your ideas. I haven't been able to convince her to get on the board so passing the info takes a few days. I'll be back if she gives me more details. Y'all are the best! Dj
Most Active