Meeting this Saturday

desert rat
on 7/9/06 9:38 am - Goodyear, AZ
It's time for another meeting of the West Valley Saturday Group. The meeting will be held from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on July 15th at the Banner Estrella hospital. The hospital is on the southeast corner of 93rd Ave and Thomas Rd. If you're coming from the 101, exit at Thomas & go east to 93rd Ave, then turn right. Enter the parking lot on your left. You'll be able to see the hospital and associated buildings from about a mile away since there isn't anything else around them yet. As you walk into the open area between the main hospital and a shorter building, you will see a water feature that I hesitate to call a fountain. We will be in the shorter building. Go through the automatically opening glass doors next to the fountain and come to room One (1). I think it's the third door down. Basically, just follow the noise as we are generally the only ones in the building. I will be hanging around near the fountain until 10 a.m. to make sure any new folks can find us. This meeting is open to anyone who needs support, wants to support others, is willing to share their experiences, wants to ask questions, etc. We have people who are waiting for approval, are scheduled for surgery, are new post-ops, and there are others who are 1 to 20 years post op. In other words, there's something for everyone. If anyone has a child care issue, my 16-yr old daughter is willing to come and sit with them in the lobby of the same building where we meet. Please let me know as she doesn't normally come. Be sure the child has a quiet activity and my daughter will make sure they stay put! If they don't...she'll come get you! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask... Hope to see everyone, new and old members, at the meeting. Dj
shannabailey
on 7/9/06 9:48 pm - Arlington, AZ
When is the next meeting?? I'll be gone on vacation during the upcomming meeting, but I'm waiting for a surgery date and need to get into a support group. Thanks!
desert rat
on 7/10/06 12:07 pm - Goodyear, AZ
The next meeting will be July 29th. It was a fluke that July had a 5th Saturday & we got the room scheduled so we're going to keep that date. I will do my best to post a message a few days before that meeting, too. We'd love to see you, so come on down!! Dj
Brandy H
on 7/10/06 3:43 am - Glendale, AZ
hi d.j. do you think your daughter can watch my 5 year old adra girl this saturday? will she want me to pay her? how much if so? adra is a good kiddo she would love to color or read with a "big girl friend" she'll probably talk her ear off about all things important to her (polly pockets, no doubt, gwen stefani, her dog, her hamster etc,) lol brandy
Most Active