Scottsdale Bariatric - Physician Supervised WL Program?

Mikkilynn
on 7/9/06 1:08 am - Mesa, AZ
Doesn't Scottsdale Bariatric offer a physician supervised diet through them? I seem to recall them mentioning it at the seminar. Does anyone know or have you gone through it and can give me some details? I would greatly appreciate it. I'm starting to get a little worried about my doctor properly recording my weight loss efforts on the required 6 month phyician supervised diet. Scottsdale Bariatric told me that Cigna is very strict about having detailed records of your vitals, weight, diet, exercise and behavorial modification per visit each month. I just don't feel that my doctor is taking this part serious enough and I don't want to be turned down for surgery because of it. Have a great day! Michelle
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/06 4:27 am - Gilbert, AZ
I have heard nothing but good things about there diet plan and there record keeping. I would contact them and look into them keeping track of it. If your doctor looses anything you will have to start over.
Mikkilynn
on 7/9/06 5:00 am - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Jeremy, I think that I will give them a calll tomorrow. I have only been on my supervised diet for about 3 or 4 weeks, so if I have to start over then I would rather do it now.
schootzie
on 7/9/06 8:37 am - Mesa, AZ
Michelle - Boy do I know what your feeling!!! I too am with Cigna and am presentlly jumping through their so called hoops. I have not only been seeing my PCP on a monthly base but also the dietician as well. I am at 4 months now and also feel that my Cigna PCP is not recording my efforts properly as well. Hopefully my backup with the dietician will cover anything he may miss. Please keep me posted as too any information you may get. It is very hard playing this waiting and wondering game. Good Luck, I'll Pray for you. Liza
Mikkilynn
on 7/10/06 12:06 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Liza, I thought I was the only one who didn't feel comfortable about their PCP tracking the diet program. He still thinks that after 6 months of dieting, that I will lose sooo much weight that I will opt not to have the surgery. As much as that would be wonderful, let's face it's a long shot at best. Please keep in touch and let me know how things are going. We can play the waiting game together! Take care, Michelle
Melissa P
on 7/10/06 1:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Michelle, Yes they have an excellent program there. I went through a three month diet program with Dr. Emershad. She was wonderful. She really teaches you the way that you will start eating after surgery. I lost 30 pounds on that diet and would recommend it to anyone that needs to have a pre-op diet. Thanks! Melissa
Mikkilynn
on 7/10/06 12:01 pm - Mesa, AZ
Wow... 30 pounds in 3 months that's great! I did speak with Terri at Scottsdale Bariatric today and she said that Dr Emershad has a wonderful diet program. I am definitely considering switching over. I just hate the thoughts of shelling out another $525 for 6 months with Dr Emershad. That's on top of the $495 for the nutritionist, psych eval and surgeon consult and $875 for the post-op counseling. Then I have $3500 in co-pays for the surgery/hospital and 10% co-insurance. This is one expensive surgery, but I'm sure it will be well worth it! Thanks for sharing your experience about the diet program! Keep in touch! Michelle
kmastin
on 7/10/06 3:43 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I also have Cigna, and I went to the Cigna dietition for 6 months, making sure she knew why I was going to her. I was still denied, and had to go through 2 appeals. I won the 2nd appeal. Keep copies of everything, and don't miss an appointment. I only needed to pay my co-pay for these visits, much less than the amount Scottsdale Bariatric is charging now. I had my surgery there 8 months ago, and they are fantastic. They didn't have all those additional charges when I had my surgery. My psych was $300, but I went to one listed with Cigna. Good luck. Karen 272/147/135
Most Active