happy rebirthday to me!

Brandy H
on 7/8/06 3:19 am - Glendale, AZ
hello arizona, so, today is my 1 year rebirthday anniversary! does that make any sense? hmmm well, in other words...today, one year ago i had my RNY surgery with dr. juarez. i am happy to say that i have had absolutely NO complications. i have felt fine this last year. i am pretty happy with my weight loss although it has SLLLLOOOOOWWWWED down alot in the last couple months...especially with the stress of losing my grandma last week. i have 40-50 more lbs to lose and i know that i will do it in time. but, i am so happy that i had this surgery what an amazing year! my ankles don't hurt, it's not a struggle to do anything, i have stamina, my bloodwork has been great, my bloodpressure is normal, my husband thinks i am his new toy lol. life is good....no, life is GREAT! here are my updated numbers.... day of surgery weight 357.8 today's weight 227.6 total loss 130 lbs (still holding onto the 5 lbs i put on this month but THEY WILL BE GONE SOON DAMNIT!) day of surgery pant size 28 or 30 todays pant size 18 (with some bag to them!) day of surgery shirt size 24 or 3X todays shirt size 12 or L (NO X's on my shirts!) total inches lost 113!!!! (that was last months measurements) brandy
Randi D.
on 7/8/06 6:01 am - Peoria, AZ
Brandy, Congratulations on your weightloss. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. My weight loss has slowed down as well, but I am still losing. I have 30 lbs to go and then I am going to see about plastics. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Randi
Mike B.
on 7/8/06 1:32 pm - Tolleson, AZ
You have done terrific Brandy. We are all very proud of you. I know you will lose the rest. Just remember though the scale numbers are not near as important as the fact that you are healthy now and that is the most thing. You have added a lot of years onto your life because of losing so much weight. I am very sorry about your loss of your grandma. Takes a while to get over the loss of a loved one. She is in a better place than we are. Keep up the good work and hope to see u at next meeting, I just had foot surgery Friday afternoon so not exactly out doing any jogging rite now but am able to get around with my walker or crutches. I should be healed up in a few weeks. Enjoy your weekend. Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
Most Active