update at 8 months

kmastin
on 7/7/06 2:22 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I had surgery 8 months ago, and am down about 120 lbs! Went from a 24 to a loose 10, stretchy 8's. Have about 12 lbs. to go. Able to have reconstructive breast surgery now - surgeon refused at time of mastectomy due to my weight. I had breast cancer, but luckily it was caught at an early stage. I had the first stage of breast reconstruction surgery yesterday. I'm pretty sore, but so happy! Once this 'balloon' that has been inserted is the size breast I want, I can go to step two and have the silicone gel implant, and breast lift/implant on the other side. No more health issues - asthma, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, pre-diabectic - all gone! Went to my family reunion in June, and many people didn't recognize me! Someone pinch me! Is this all for real??? My life has changed so much, and I am so thankful! Thanks to everyone who posts here, as many times reading these posts help me in my daily life - keeping the new lifestyle is so important, and I don't want to start bad habits if I can keep from doing so. I feel like I'm in a WOW moment every day! Karen
Most Active