Looking for counseling help

Boristhecat
on 7/6/06 4:47 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hello! My name is Lisa amd I am 5 years out, down 90 pounds, and am having a VERY diffiult time with alcholol abuse. I know that AA is right around the courner but I really want to talk to someone more specific that has knowledge of gastric bypass foremost and serious acholol abuse (3years). It has taken a REALLY long time to send a message out but I am really in a bad spot and have been for a while. I have been looking for professional help, but no one (admin-phone answerers-appointment setters) will take me seriously. Can anyone please throw out a name of a counsler. My insurance is Cigna, but that is not even an issue at this point. Anyone that has knowledge or support of gastric bypass is where I feel I need to be right now. I live in Chandler, but I will drive ANYWHERE for the right person. Please and thank you so much in advance. Sincerely, Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/06 2:20 am - AZ
Hi Lisa, I would start with Dr. Maxwell at the Bridges center. If she can't help you I'm sure she can refer you to someone who can. I don't have her number but Kelly at the Bridges center will be able to get it for you. Kelly's number is 602-251-8828. I wish you the best of luck. Elizabeth
Darlene X
on 7/7/06 3:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
I too would suggest Dr Maxwell @ Phoenix St Lukes... Give her a call
K B (Tucson)
on 7/7/06 6:11 am - Tucson, AZ
There is a forum for abuse issues on this website. Look under "special interests". This may give you some peers to talk to with similar issues. Good luck.
lexi73162
on 7/7/06 6:57 am - Tucson, AZ
Lisa, I sent you a private email. I think we are in the same boat. Lexi
Most Active