7 More Days!!!

Sarah C.
on 7/6/06 5:21 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi all, Well I just finished my pre-op stuff, not to bad, and in exactly 7 days I will be going in for surgery!! I am so excited, but it still doesn't even seem real. I don't really feel very nervous, just want to be done with it already. I think the thing that bothered me the most was when she asked if I had a living will or power of attorney! My first thought was, I am not going to need those things! Should I fill out the forms, "just in case"? Any thoughts? Well, just wanted to share, hope you all have a great day! Sarah
jinn
on 7/6/06 5:28 am - Mesa, AZ
Hey Sarah- YAY 7 more days... I thought the same about the forms but I filled it out, just in case... the last week before surgery was really hard for me because I constantly thought to myself - "what if?" but I just reminded myself how bad I wanted this surgery and how great Dr. Fang and Juarez are and then I would calm myself down... Let me know if you need anything!!! I'll be there to see you in the hospital!! Jinn
Sarah C.
on 7/6/06 5:42 am - Mesa, AZ
Jinn, Thanks so much! I think I'm pretty ready, got aome stuff at home for right after, got my hospital stuff put together, now just the waiting game! Thanks for the visit, I will look forwars to it! Will you be going to the support group meeting next Tuesday? I think I will probably go. See you later! Sarah
jinn
on 7/6/06 5:48 am - Mesa, AZ
I hope I can make it to group - I am going to try hard... Johnny - my husband has been going to school mon-thurs 5:00-10:00pm so that leaves just me and the kids... and Drew (my 11 month old) goes in for surgery tomorrow on his little penis... so he's going to be recovering from that.... he has 3 little holes instead of one and they have to correct it plus he will finally get cir****ized my poor baby - but he is strong and will do good... and I guess the procedure it pretty common... anyways I will have to see if a family memeber can come over and stay with the kids while I go to group.... Yep the waiting game - seems like forever! Jinn
Sarah C.
on 7/6/06 9:10 am - Mesa, AZ
Wow, your husband sounds busy! And I'm sorry for Drew, I'll say a prayer that all goes well with him tomorrow! If you need anything, please let me know! Sarah
JRinAZ
on 7/6/06 12:17 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Jinn! Good luck tomorrow with Drew. I"ll be sending up prayers for him and for all of you! .....I'ts rough to have our little people messed with. Hopefully he'll wake up with smiles and be without any pain through it all. There are always more support groups coming up so if your little ones need you then don't stress over it. I have a bunch of Profect protein samples that were sent to me and will have those for all to sample at support group on Tuesday. Il'l save one tube out for the next mtg in case anyone misses this Tuesday and is interested in a sample. Take care of YOU and your little folks1 Big Huggggz! Joyce P.s. Don't forget your protein drinks and water to slurp for yourself tomorrow while you're waiting for Drew!
jinn
on 7/6/06 9:27 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Joyce! Jinn
sallyann
on 7/6/06 5:29 am - page, AZ
Hi Sarah, only 7 more days!! im so excited for you! Its always a good idea to have a living will and power of attorney. Not just for surgery but for everyday. Important to let your loved ones know your wishes in the event you are unable to make choices. You may never need it , but look what Terry Schivos family and friends went through. Have fun planning for your big day! I love it. Sally
Sarah C.
on 7/6/06 5:44 am - Mesa, AZ
Sally, That is so true about Terry, it just kind of scared me a little! Thanks for the post! Sarah
JRinAZ
on 7/6/06 12:20 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Sarah, Fill out the forms!!!! I've got a similar pile to fill out before my plastics on the 14th. Things like that just gives us peace of mind so we can float off to la la land during surgery without any stresses or worries. Holy Cow! You are almost ready for take off to the land of the Skinny Folks and Losers!!!! Yay! Happy Dancing for you.............gotta burn a few calories y'know! Hugggggzzz, Joyce
Most Active