Submitting to insurance...so nervous.

jenw82
on 7/5/06 2:19 pm - Tucson, AZ
So it looks like that they will be submitting to insurance by the end of the week. Honestly, during this entire process...I have never been so nervous. I don't think I have ever been this nervous about anything. I'm actually more nervous about insurance rather than actually getting surgery. Nobody quite understands that, but that is how it has always been in my head. I don't know. I guess is that I have confidence in the surgery itself...I don't in insurance. Well...worst case scenario...I do what Aetna makes me do. Or worst case scenario, I switch to another carrier come open enrollment (thank goodness I work for a large company). This is more me just rambling to people who understand more than my family and friends (who are fantastic...they just have no idea). But any wisdom during this time is so appreciated. Jen
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/5/06 11:26 pm - Tucson, AZ
Jen I too just submitted my paperwork a week ago and I am putting my confidence in Colene at Dr. Juarez's office. She told me that she didn't see any problems and not to stress about it. I am just patiently waiting to hear something next week. Patience is not one of my virtues, I might add. BeckyG
thoughtpenumbra
on 7/6/06 1:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
I understand exactly what you're saying. I called my poor insurance company every day after the 14 day waiting time until I drove them completely insane. :) *hugs* these next 2 weeks are the hardest I swear!
Clara W.
on 7/6/06 3:37 am - Benson, AZ
Jen, I think everyone is scared more of what their insurance is going to do. First and foremost, know what your policy says. On the back of my insurance card is a number to get authority for surgery. Call that number and find out what the criteria is! They can give you the answers to your questions. I know just calling the regular number, I kept getting the same answers, then when I was denied I called this number and found out what is expected to jump thru their hoops. I kept doing the things that I thought would help me. Well, needless to say, after I found out what was really needed. Things were easy and done properly. Remember that your WLS doctor's office can help you with all your forms, and they know what most insurance companies want and need. For you, be sure you have copies of all of your medical records. All doctors that you have seen and their reports. This includes everything, knees, back, allergy, heart, etc. It is so great when you have copies of these and can say, well I have this, and that. and it really helps. Even now, I have copies of my labs and test to share with all of my doctors. First and foremost take care of YOU! You are special. Clara
Most Active