Way Wow moment

Sondra J. S.
on 7/3/06 4:34 pm - Show Low, AZ
Yesterday my sis in law and her mom took me shopping for new clothes, you know more suitable clothes, well, work clothes. We went to Beall's outlet here in town and we found some really cute things. The sis in law found a lot of pants, but we ended up buying only one blouse, because all the shirts wern't on sale, so we decided to come back later. I got 3, yes, count them, 3 pairs of heels, in black, brown and navy, all the same style, for OMG .65 cents for 2 of the pairs and only liked .25 cents for the other pair. Then the blouse was $6.99, and none of the slacks were over $2.00. We bought 6 pairs of slacks 1 blouse and 3 pairs of heels for a whopping $13.20. I couldn't believe it. This was a huge sale and it's going on until Tuesday. Fiance gets paid tomorrow, I do believe I'm going back tomorrow, lol..... Now, the reason for all the clothes, is because I got a Job, I will make another post about that right after this one!!!! My WOW moment is that the 18//20's actually FIT me and wern't really tight on me!!!! Tears, and the 24's I could take off without unbuttoning or unzipping the pants, lol!!!! Sondra, Now in a size 20/22 blouse 18/20 pant Still a 11 shoe But still losing lol Haven't been on scale lately, need to check it!!
Ginger
on 7/4/06 1:02 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Sondra, I'm there with you sister! My sister insisted on taking me shopping last week-end to get me a pair of jeans that actually zip-up! I have stayed in my comfort zone of "stretchy fabric-elastic waist pants" You know, the kind ya get from Walmart? Anyways, I carry most of my weight in my belly..can't tell ya how many people have asked me "when is the baby due?" Long story short....I got a pair of capris that zipper-up!!! and I didn't think it would... but it does make my tummy appear smaller! Last week I went to a couple of Goodwill Stores and found 2 pair of jeans (probably from the same gal..who lost tons of weight) I grabbed those..I may be taking those back though.....they fit now....but they are gonna be soooo baggy soon. Please don't take this post as me being a "bragger" I just see H-O-P-E after 20 years of living life as an obese woman, I feel like I'm am starting a new life. I am trying to "purge" the bad stuff and "keep" all of the wonderful stuff..which by the way, is lots!! Congrads on your WOW moment Sondra. There are many many more in store for you!!! HugsGinger
JRinAZ
on 7/4/06 1:26 am - Layton, UT
Hey there sweet beautiful Ginger girlfriend! Sharing our wonder at this glorious journey is not ever bragging! We have been robbed of so many delightful moments in our life because of our obesity and have been put in our place so many times. We have not been allowed to feel pretty! ........Congrats on your milestones and on becoming the lovely person on the outside that you have always been on the inside!!!! Share with us as you travel "down" the road! It gives the pre-ops hope, the newbies direction and us oldies a "smile" as we remember too! Hope you can make the Chandler support mtg on the 11th! We miss you! Huggggz to you skinny friend! Joyce
vquigley
on 7/4/06 4:20 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Ginger, I must say I can certainly relate to wearing the elastic waistband pants. And you deserve to brag! Keep up the good work. Virginia
vquigley
on 7/4/06 4:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
Sondra, Congratulations on your weight loss! You're doing a super job. And a second Congratulations for your new job! I hope to be joining all the losers soon! Virginia
kmastin
on 7/4/06 6:21 am - Phoenix, AZ
Sondra, I'm so happy for you! It just gets better and better, doesn't it? Congrats on your new job also! Karen
victorious711
on 7/6/06 2:40 am - flagstaff, AZ
Congratulations!!! *cant wait to be able to say similar things*
Jennifer VerdugoBlack
on 7/6/06 2:20 pm - Gallup, NM
WTG Sondra Last time I was in Showlow and I went to Beall's outlet I had a blast also. I bought some jeans that originally sell for 48.00 at Catherines for2.00, I could not believe that. I don't blame you for going back and getting more clothes, that's great! Jeni (Julie's Friend) Lap rny 5-8-06 382/305/150
Sondra J. S.
on 7/7/06 10:01 am - Show Low, AZ
Jeni, Hi Julie said you called her at work I think it was yesterday, you need to let us know when your coming back to Show Low so we can all get together and go out and share a meal....lol....I love going to Gallup to the Indian flea market and to a store there, I'm not sure what it's called, but it's cheap, it's in like a strip mall, then Julie's mom likes to go to Avalon's I think is what the restraunt is called. Good food there. You have had some amazing weight loss there I see awesome job!!!!!!! So you need to come up and see us!!!!!! She got off work early today and took her daughter to get her check and to get Pirates Of The Carabean tickets... nice picture by the way, now I know what you look like, and it's a beautiful picture by the way!!!!!! Sondra 315/242/150 73lbs. gone forever!!!!
Most Active