Sabino Canyon Walk this Friday 6:45 pm

Sandy in Tucson
on 7/2/06 1:54 pm - Tucson, AZ
For anyone interested--I am leading a walk up Sabino Canyon this Friday night 6:45 pm start. We will meet at the visitors center......bring lots of water...a flash light...good walking shoes and padded socks, and mole skin. It is about 7.3 miles round trip to the top of the canyon and back. All asphalt walking...400 ft elevation gain near the top. It is a nice night--moonlight walk. I walk about 22 min miles. Some will walk slower...some may walk faster. We will stop at the top and eat our snacks...we bring. Some people bring back packs or fanny packs, I will use a camelbak. There is restrooms on the way....no electricity so a flash light is needed. The walk/hike is ok if you can tolerate the heat...sometimes it can be hot...then it might rain. Who knows? The dificulty is moderate.....many people run Sabino Canyon, not me. I am a walker. It takes about 3.5 hrs to do the walk since we stop to chat and snack. I wear walking shoes from Fleet feet..a walking store here in Tucson and padded socks....so my feet never give out. On Tues morning I will be hiking the rim of Sabino Canyon about 9 miles round trip....you need hiking boots...hiking poles....it is all sharp rocks..no road, just a rocky trail. It will be so pretty at the top...can not wait. Sandy
Most Active