Support and Friends

Ayaunna
on 7/2/06 11:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone know of a pre-op or post support group in West Phoenix? I live in the Glendale area and would love to find a support group. I'm new to Phoenix, I just moved here from San Diego about 4 months ago. I'm a stay at home mom so I haven't met anyone here and I'm a little homesick and lonely. I'd love to meet people who are going to have or have had WLS. My husband isn't very supportive of the surgery, but I finally got my mom on my side (she had the surgery 4 years ago but lives in GA- she was worried about me dying).... so thats my story. The group doesn't HAVE to be on the west side but it'd be great to find one over here. Please help!
Randi D.
on 7/2/06 1:12 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Ayaunna, I think there is a support group that meets on the Westside. I think they meet at Estrella Medical Center. I'm not sure when, but there should be someone on this board that can give you the specifics. Welcome to Phoenix. I've been living here since 1994, and I still can't get used the heat. My sister used to live in San Diego. I used to love to go visit her. She lives in Vista now. I'm hoping to visit her in September when I can get time off from work. Take care, Randi
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/06 2:26 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Ayaunna - please try to attend the monthly meetings that Scottsdale Bariatrics (Dr Balckstone) holds (the 1st Monday and 3rd Wednesday of each month) We have a great group of people - I know its probably a bit far for you, but trust me...it would be worth your drive! And think of all the new people you will meet! I really look forward to these support meetings - they help me stay on track and motivated! Hope to see you there! (By the way, the mtg tomorrow night has been cancelled due to the holiday - but we are definitely meeting the 3rd Wednesday in July). Hope to see you there! Debbie
Ayaunna
on 7/3/06 11:04 am - Phoenix, AZ
I have a little bit of family here but its not the same. I've been back to SD 4 times since I got here. I miss it tons, but its cheaper here. Vista is a nice area too. Thanks for the response!!! Take care!
vquigley
on 7/2/06 3:05 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Ayaunna, There is a support group on the west side that meets at Estrella Medical Center/Hospital. Tiff usually posts the time and date on this site. I have only gone a couple of times and have to say it's a great group of people, small in numbers but growing. They usually meet on Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m. I'm guessing it's the first and third Saturdays. Tiff or DJ, correct me if I'm wrong. We'd love to see you there. Virginia
Mike B.
on 7/3/06 7:03 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hi Ayaunna. The WLS Phoenix group meets at the Bannner Estrella Hospital in West Phoenix and is easy to get to off I-10. Meetings every 2 weeks. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WLSPhoenix/ Above is the link for the wlsphoenix site on yahoo. Tiff usually posts a reminder on here about the Saturday morning meetings which start around 10am. Probably see you there sometime. I try to go when I can. Good luck Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
Ayaunna
on 7/3/06 11:00 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you!!!
Most Active