Bridges Staff - Update

debrahn
on 6/30/06 9:19 am - Goodyear, AZ
I had my pre-op consult with Dr. Juarez this morning and had a much better experience - only a 55 minute wait this time - not great, but acceptable. He explained the problem with my stoma dialation in more detail, answered questions, looked at tummy and then ask if I was ready to go ahead with revision. Well, dah.....do birds fly, would I like to win the lottery, am I fat. Yes! Yes! Yes! And then I told him about the issues with his staff - after 1st telling him how much everyone loves him and Dr. Fang and that Kelly has been helpful - told him the issues with Diane not returning calls, long waits to hear on scheduling, etc. He was pretty horrified at my recent experience. He explained that he was aware of the problem with Diane and that Heather has been assigned to help her. He explained that it takes about 3 weeks for his notes to be dictated and written-up and it then goes to insurance for approval. He brought Colleen in and introduced her to me. She explained that I would be called immediately when insurance approval was received, then it would be about another 2 weeks before I would be called with surgery date and surgery would be about 4 weeks from then. She said to call in 2 weeks for status and that she returns all calls within 24 hours. So I'm looking at around the beginning of September. So I feel a lot better about Bridges. Just knowing their procedures and timeline is so helpful and stress relieving. Dr. Juarez was genuinely concerned with the staff issues and appreciative of having the issues brought to his attention. I've gotten a bit long winded. But there's others out there who are pre-op and and it's helpful to know the drill and to have an idea of a timeline. Also, speak-up if there's a problem - let Kelly know. Sometimes it the squeaky honey that get the worm....or someting like that. LOL
Sarah C.
on 6/30/06 4:10 pm - Mesa, AZ
Debbie, I'm glad that you had a better experience this time around! Colleen is very good at returning phone calls, and I'm glad that Diana has someone to help her out now! Good luck with you ins. approval, and keep us posted! Sarah
K B (Tucson)
on 7/1/06 6:00 am - Tucson, AZ
I am glad you let the doc know about your expereince. Too often the doc and his/her staff do not value OUR time and patience, and that is just plain wrong. My job and your, are no less important than anyone elses. Also glad that he seemed aware (and now more so)a that one or more of the office staff need some attitude adjustment. Way to go. Keep being assertive.
Most Active