Post op Pain Question

simply_jess
on 6/29/06 12:50 pm - Phoenix, AZ
As of today I am four days post op.. and yes, I have pain. I am taking half doses of my elixer everytime I wake up because it lets me be manageable and able to have the support of my mother when I am awake. However, the major thing that is hurting me isn't the incisions at all.. it's this little pocket of pain on my waist line of the right side of my back. It feels like a really bad back ache, like I pulled a muscle but my mom really feels its a gas bubble.. what I am wondering is.. is this normal? I am still passing gas, still walking, not as much as I probably should but as much as I can before I get light headed... did anyone figure this one out? thanks.. and yes, the support I feel is tremendous from this site so a lot of love to you from me -Jess
mrs.3m
on 6/29/06 11:47 pm - Mesa, AZ
I am not 100% sure what it is but I remember having that. I "think" it is either anasthetic still in your system or it is gas. I can't remember what my doc said. It is pretty common but just as a precaution, call your doc's office and ask.
mombear
on 6/30/06 6:46 am - Green Valley(5/24/05 Lap RnY), AZ
Jessica - my dollar bill says it's gas. And it is miserable! There are a couple things you can try: first, grab something to support yourself and do some squats. This is not exercise - it's to shake the gas loose. Next - try sleeping on your left side Try a ho****er bottle or a heating pad - this also helps the gas shake loose. Try the "airplane". either on your bed or the floor, whichever is easier - get down on your hands and knees then drop your shoulders to the floor - get your rear up in the air as high as possible and hold it there as long as you can without hurting yourself - this again is NOT exercise - it's to shake the gas loose. finally - you can massage the gas down. Be gentle - your belly is full of stitches. But you can move the gas down into your system so that it can escape. When it happened to me I thought I'd pulled something loose - I had to admit though that as soon as the doc showed me the various positions it was relieved. The people around me weren't though - as I "tooted" out of the clinic that afternoon! Good luck - Mom Bear
Most Active