OT...my grandma

Brandy H
on 6/27/06 1:11 am - Glendale, AZ
hi arizona, i am so sad. my wonderful grandma who raised me passed away yesterday. she had had a brain aneurysm rupture 4 weeks ago, went through brain surgery and was in ICU for over 3 weeks. they moved her to a skilled nursing facility on thursday and we almost lost her...then they moved her back to a hospital room the next day and it was decided that her body was shutting down and she was just too tired. she ended up in hospice on saturday and was taken off of her ventilator on sunday and passed on monday morning. i am so sad. i miss her already. i have missed her for the last month since she hadn't been able to talk. she was the most wonderful person i have ever known and the absolute closest person to me. my heart hurts even though i know she is no longer in pain. she had a lot of medical problems compiling in the last couple of years, however she was only 70. i have never lost anyone close to me. i am a mess. i need support. i can't eat and i can't sleep. i have said for years that she was the glue that held my "dysfunction junction" family together and sure enough we are all breaking apart. thank you for your thoughts and well wishes. brandy
Melissa P
on 6/27/06 1:27 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Brandy, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. She sounds like she was a wonderful lady. I lost my dad 16 years ago and it is still hard. He was a wonderful guy also. My only advise to you right now is to remember all of the good times with her and always keep her close to your heart. The pain will ease with time. I am saying prayers for you and your family. Please take care of your self. You have that beautiful little girl that needs you. Melissa
Ginger
on 6/27/06 2:56 am - Chandler, AZ
(((((Brandy))))))) I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. When my mother-in-law died of a brain anneurysim 22 years ago, I too was so devistated. This was the first time I had lost anyone close to me also. Because she was the glue that held everything together also, our family experienced a bit of falling apart in the years after. I know that this is hard for you, but I bet your grandma would love it if you stepped forward and tried to become that glue yourself. That will keep her legacy continuing. Just stop and think, "what would grandma do?" with every situation. I hope that this doesn't sound too simplitic...I just wanted to share something that helped me. You are in my prayers Brandy. HugsGinger
Mike B.
on 6/27/06 6:27 am - Tolleson, AZ
Our sincere condolences Brandy from Kathy and me. May she rest in peace. Just focus on fact that she is in a better places than we are dear. Hope you get through this okay and best wishes to all of your family. love Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
jinn
on 6/27/06 8:35 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Brandy - I am sorry to hear about your grandmother - my grandmother raised me as well and I know how those older ladies can be the glue that holds the family together - she was and still is the glue for my family. I lost my mom last year and everyone would tell me that it "does" get easier to deal with and it just takes time.... I never believed them - I thought they were crazy and how could I ever get over not having her - she was only 50 ... but it has just started to get a little easier for me - I can talk about her with out breaking down - sometimes I still do.... take your time and cry your tears - seems like crying always made me feel a little better - just a little.... If you ever feel like talking, venting or just crying let me know... I can listen or even join in... My thoughts are with you... Jinn
vquigley
on 6/27/06 2:35 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Brandy, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know how difficult it is to lose someone close to you as both of my parents are gone and died when they were relatively young. As Jinn says, it does get easier with time passing but you still miss them--I don't think that ever goes away. There are times when I still think, gee, I want to see my Mom and Dad and just talk to them. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Think of your grandmother as not having any health issues and being well again. I know that helped me when my mom died. Thinking of you, Virginia
JRinAZ
on 6/27/06 3:54 pm - Layton, UT
Wow Brandy! What a beautiful tribute you have written in honor of your Grandmother. I am a newbie Grandma with a precious little Princess who is just 16 months old. I hope that someday when I pass, that my little princess will have those same kind of tender thoughts towards me as you have shared about your Grandmother! ..... You can continue to honor her even in her death by becoming the new glue! Her family obviously means a lot to her. Wouldn't it be great if you can give that eternal gift back to her. My heart goes out to you and your family. Prayers your way sweetie pie that you can find strength and comfort and joy in remembering all of those good moments! Big Huggggzzzz to you, Joyce
Tiffany McGee
on 6/29/06 9:16 am - Glendale, AZ
Brandy *HUGS* *HUGS* I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'll say a prayer for you and your family. *HUGS* *HUGS* I can offer up *hugs* too if need be. Take Care of yourself. And if you need a shoulder to cry on, send me an email. Take Care Hun! Tiff
Sheryl Tilley
on 6/29/06 10:14 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Brandy~ So sorry about your grandma. Don't let the one day of her passing tear you down. Celebrate all the thousands of days you had her. Do something in honor of her. Make her larger than life. Hugs! Sheryl
Most Active