problems?????????????????

azbigmamma
on 6/26/06 3:51 am - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Has anyone ever had any stomach or bowel problems prior to the wls that has made it a hinderance, or made it more difficult to deal with or obtain the wls? If so after the wls did the problems get better or worse? Any information would be helpful. Thanks Tanya
Mike B.
on 6/26/06 7:07 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hi Tanya. I am 20 years postop from a bilio pancreatic bypass which is obsolete now but a little like the duodenal switch. When I was preop I used to get indigestion from everything just about and the wls surgeon when he went in and the surgery was open he fixed a hiatal hernia I had which was causing all the indigestion. he also took out the gallbladder which the preop tests said was ok but when he took it out, it was full of stones so after that he routinely removed GB on all his patients during WLS. If you read some of the boards here you will see over a period of time many that did not have the gallbladder removed, after they are postop from the wls somewhere down the road the gallbladder starts acting up and they have to undergo another surgery to get rid of it. Hope this info is helpful to you. love Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
Most Active