Scottsdale Bariatric

Ayaunna
on 6/24/06 7:20 am - Phoenix, AZ
If there are any people out there who have had their surgery through Scottsdale Bariatric or are in the process of doing so please tell me about your experience!! Thank you!!
lemarie22
on 6/24/06 12:32 pm - Glendale, AZ
Dr Blackstone did my surgery over two years ago. She saved my life. I have nothing, but wonderful things to say about Scottsdale Bariatric. I feel I was well prepared for the surgery and the after care was great. Connie
azbigmamma
on 6/24/06 1:02 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with
Hi Ayaunna, my mom had surgery with them in Feb. She went from 230 to 150 already. She did have a problem a month out and the staff there was right on it and got her help. The process for her was fairly short. She only had to do one 6 mo supervised diet from a md and they submitted and she was approved.She got her surgery date within 2 or 3 weeks tops. It was just real quick after the diet. The only thing she does not like about SBC is they started doing group meetings and they tell the BMI and weight loss or lack of in front of everyone, instead of it being private. there are so many classes she had to attend and we lived far away so it was kind of hard on her. Every doctor she saw was awesome, the staff is very nice. Scottsdale Shea hosp is so nice. The next time the family needs a hosp that is where we are going. They are awesome too. So good luck to you, I hope the process is as easy for you as it was my mom. Take care Tanya
SweetCivi
on 6/24/06 3:04 pm - Yuma, AZ
I had my surgery on 1/17/06 with SBC. They are great. I recommend them to anyone who is thinking about getting surgery. The hospital was also great. As soon as my insurance gave the approval, SBC immediately scheduled my surgery. The after care is great. Anytime I need them, they are there. When I call after hours I have never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes for a return call and when they do call they don't make you feel bad for bothering them. Their program is easy to follow. I am 5 months post-op and down 115lbs (85 more to go). They truly saved my life. Kristin 351/236/150
Kathy S.
on 6/24/06 5:25 pm - PHX, AZ
Ayaunna, I just had my surgery 5/5/06 with Dr Blackstone and Dr Koler. I can't say enough about this group! I had some insurance issues, difficulty scheduling the tests needed with my employer. ....to the point of meltdown. EVERYONE there was so helpful and supportive preop and postop. I owe everyone there so much. My surgery was much better than I thought and the care at Scottsdale Shea is top flight - Dr Blackstone has a wing on the fifth floor for her patients with a lovely waiting area and space for your walking after. I had a seroma(fluid drainage) which I had to pack and dress, but it was the way I heal. It happens to a small number of patients. I am down about 50lbs so far. Overall I felt very prepared preop and sent home postop well informed. Dr B's program is very complete.... medical support, dietary support and psychological suuport is available. The support groups were extremely helpful to me preop and postop so far. It took me 11 months to get approved and the surgery done......and I'd do it all again! I wish you the best and feel free to email if you have any other questions. Kathy
Judy F.
on 6/25/06 7:34 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
I had my surgery on 6/8 with Dr. Kieran at SBC. I really cannot say enough good things about them. The staff is so great about working with you to make sure that they have everything you need to schedule surgery. They provide excellent pre-op guidance through appointments and classes and excellent post-op care and guidelines. So far, I have not felt like I was out here trying to manage WLS on my own. They give you very detailed guidelines on what to expect after surgery, what you can eat, etc. Every question I have had, the office has been able to answer immediately. I haven't had to call after hours, but I am sure that they would respond equally as quickly with the same amount of professionalism and courtesy.Scottsdale Shea is the hospital that they operate at and my experience there was also incredible. The rooms for bariatric patients are private and nice for hospital rooms. I had a beautiful large window overlooking the hospital grounds. Every nurse and aide was there within a minute at the most from when I pushed the call button. Even the cleaning staff would stop to ask if there was anything I needed when they came in to clean the floor or dump the trash. You are required to get up and walk shortly after surgery and walk every two hours after that. The nurses were really on top of that. LOL. But they were all very supportive and cheered me on as I made my laps around the floor. All in all, my whole surgery experience to date has been very positive. I would recommend SBC to anyone looking into the surgery.
Nicole W.
on 6/25/06 8:19 am - Cave Creek, AZ
So far I am very pleased with SBC. On day one everyone has made me feel comfortable. I am very impressed. I love their support they are providing prior and after surgery. During my consult, Dr. Kohler had to answer an emergency phone call... she took the time instead of passing it on to a nurse. When I was leaving on Thursday, they said call if you have any questions or concerns... "we are here for you!" I thought that was great and made my decision to do this alot easier! I can tell they are doing a great job, because the waiting area was packed.
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/06 9:52 am - Gilbert, AZ
You cant go wrong with Scottsdale Bariatrics. They are the nicest group of knowledgeable people I have met. My surgery is 7/11/06 and I feel I am have picked the best place I could have.
Most Active