Consult... DONE!

Nicole W.
on 6/23/06 8:09 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Yesterday, I was at Scottsdale Bariatric for almost 6 hours. I did my 3 hours of pysch testing, met with the Dietician and then with Dr. Kohler... she is such a nice person. Very kind and very imformative. The entire staff there is so nice. I met with Dr. Kohler for a good hour, she was so nice and understanding, not once made me feel uncomfortable. I did have some nerves before, my blood pressure was high and it we had just come back from getting some food and it was very hot outside, but the nurse tried it 3 times and it was still high. :-S I also met with the Financial coordinator and she said I have very good insurance BC/BS of NY and do not have to go thru the six months of dr. supervised diet. I have to go back on 7/10 to meet with the psychologist and got a script to get blood work done and I have to get a OB-GYN exam done.... ughhhh :angst: Dr. Kohler said that it would be 2-3 months before surgery or sooner because it all depends on the insurance company. She would like me to lose another 18lbs before surgery... I just lost 18 in the last month, so my butt is out walking and following the dieticians prescription! My parents are extremely supportive and going to tell the rest of my friends and family (I know I will get a lecture) but this is for me, not them! So, I am very excited to get everything moving! I am glad I joined here to hear from people that have experienced everything! So, I am appreciative of all you folks! ~Nicole
Ayaunna
on 6/24/06 6:33 am - Phoenix, AZ
HI Nicole! I was there too yesterday from 9 to 3 and I am VERY happy with my decision to go with them as well. I met with Melissa for my consultation and she is the 1st assistant. Was that not the longest test ever? How many different ways can they ask if you're suicidal or have people controlling your thoughts? It was kind of funny though. I asked a couple of people if they were you but no luck. Keep us updated!!
Nicole W.
on 6/25/06 7:07 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Ayaunna, I started taking my test around 10:15... finished at 1:00pm. But during that time I had the financial office come in also to talk to me for a good 20 minutes. I was wearing a pink blouse. Those tests were definately interesting, felt like I was back in pyschology classes! I am sure if you were gather the same type of questions in categories, the same question was asked 70 different ways! Hope to meet you one day... maybe at a support meeting or something! Nicole
Lisa_Rene
on 6/25/06 8:26 am - El Mirage, AZ
Can I ask in general what kinds of questions they asked on your evaluation? My friend said when she took her test, they asked so many questions about suicide, she was going to make a comment about it at the end, but thought she better not..lol Alot of people don't have her "dry" sense of humor and she probably would of failed... She passed all her stuff though and she is doing great! If I decide to go through with all this, I hope I have the same results as her. I've been reading some other post and it's scary, some of the thing that can happen. Thanks for the info! Lisa
Nicole W.
on 6/25/06 8:57 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Lisa! There were 4 tests... 2 of which are statements that you answer True or False (that one had 567 statements and the other long one is about 350 statements and you answer False, Slightly True, Mostly True or Very True. Then there was a little one... maybe 15 questions that asked how things have changed in your life in the last 2 weeks, such as sleeping, eating, thought patterns and so on. The other test was about your eating habits in the last 6 months. So for the first tests... there were statements like "I feel that people are controlling my mind" True or False. "In the past I have thoughts of killing myself" T or F, "I would love to be a nurse", "I am afraid to walk into a party", "I would normaly would not feel comfortable standing in front of people and telling a joke." "Drugs or alcohol have affected my life at work" Statements like that... and it was worded in many different ways all throughout. I have the name of the test at home... currently at work. But I am sure you can find one online to see what kind of test it is. One was on scantron and the other was circling letters. 2 girls came in when I was finishing mine up and I was a cracking up listening to everyone read the statements because some of them were out there or made you go "HUH!?!?!" I was just surprised how long they took, because it was not something you can just fill in anything, you really had to take the time and re-read it and think about your answer. Yes, I can see understand why doctor's do these tests... it was probably well worth the money! Have a great day! Nicole
Most Active