Looking for Hospital

vquigley
on 6/22/06 2:29 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone, Has anyone had RNY surgery at Phoenix Memorial? Found out yesterday that is where my surgery is scheduled on July 31 and am wanting more information. I checked on this site and on their website and can't seem to find out anything about the facility. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Virginia
Arizona_Sun
on 6/23/06 2:13 am - Gilbert, AZ
vquigley
on 6/23/06 3:08 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Sandy, Thanks for the links. They helped a bit. I'm planning to go take a tour of the hospital to see what it's like. Virginia
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/06 12:14 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Oh Virginia - Im so happy you finally have a date! I remember how you were at the Spring Fling - just waiting for the magical date, and now the time has come!!!! I bet you and your hubby are soooooooooo excited! I cant wait for you to get on the losing side of this journey! Please let me know if you need an angel - I would be happy to volunteer! Take care....Debbie
vquigley
on 6/23/06 3:17 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Debbie, Thanks. I must admit at this point I have mixed emotions. Hopefully by next week I'll be feeling better about it. I'm a little nervous about being scheduled for surgery at Phoenix Memorial. And yes, I could use an angel. Thanks. Virginia
desert rat
on 6/23/06 3:07 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Virginia, What happened to St. Lukes? I thought that's were Dr. Newhoff normally works. I'm glad you have a date but I'm afraid that I don't know anyone who's ever gone to Phx Memorial for anything so I can't offer any insight. Best of Luck, See you at the next meetin... Dj
vquigley
on 6/23/06 3:12 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, DJ, I actually thought that Dr. Newhoff only did surgery at Good Sam and it was when I received my letter that I found I was scheduled with Phoenix Memorial. I too have never heard of anyone having surgery there which makes me a little nervous. But---I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and am planning to check it out to see if I want to wait a couple more months to get into Good Sam. I'm told if I want to go to Good Sam, the doctor's office will have to resubmit everything to the insurance company again for approval. So. . . I'm trying to decide what to do. Yes, I am planning to attend the next meeting. Virginia
Most Active