Approved!!

Ayaunna
on 6/20/06 1:03 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Well I called my insurance company today to see if they had an update and they let me know that I was officially approved. I haven't recieved my letter yet so it hasn't really sunk in yet. A couple of minutes later I received phone calls from Barix Clinics to let me know that they received a faxed copy of my approval letter. The only problem is that we are still having problems with them being out of network (or I should say I'm having problems). I spoke with the insurance coordinator today and she let me know that I may have to pay up to $11,000 for the surgery. After hearing this I called Scottsdale Bariatric and confirmed my appt for Friday. I also spoke with their insurance coordinator and she let me know my out of pocket expense would be around $2200 or so. I'll just have to wait before I can schedule a surgery with them because they are so booked. So..... I will keep you guys updated. I am however thrilled that either way my insurance has approved the surgery!!! It only took 7 business days!!
vquigley
on 6/20/06 1:23 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Ayaunna, Congratulations! That is great news. Soon you'll be on the losing side. Virginia
Sarah C.
on 6/21/06 8:01 am - Mesa, AZ
Ayaunna, Congrats on your approval, isn't that a great feeling! Good luck to you on your journey! Sarah
Nicole W.
on 6/21/06 4:23 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Congratulations!!!! I have my first appointment tomorrow at Scottsdale Bariatric @ 10:15am. I am very excited to get the ball rolling! :o)
Most Active