CENTURY CLUB -103 pounds!

Pamela E.
on 6/20/06 4:25 am - Buckeye, AZ
I haven't been very active on the message board for a while. In fact, most of you don't even recognize my name or face, but my surgery was Sept. 28th, 2005, and I just had to tell those of who still remember me that it finally happened. I've lost more than 100 pounds! I'm 5'7" and weighed 206 a month prior to surgery. I now weigh 153. My goal is 145, but as you know, the weight loss is painfully slow at this point. I am lucky to lose a pound a week. Lightweights (and I laugh at that terminology) lose slower anyway, but I knew that up front, and accepted it. Of course, my fear is the same as everyone else's - that I will somehow gain the weight back as I always have. But I've given away my fat clothes and invested in a small fortune's worth of new clothes. That should be some incentive, and I REFUSE to let that scale start creeping up on me again. Drs. Blackstone, Kohl and Kieran are amazing!
Brandy H
on 6/20/06 5:01 am - Glendale, AZ
great job pam! you were a beautiful lady when i met you...now i bet you are even beautifuller! lol...i know that's not a word...really i do. congrats to you! brandy
Darlene X
on 6/20/06 5:06 am - Maricopa, AZ
Of course we know you... you are after all Hubby's date twin... Did you make a mistake in your post, you said: I'm 5'7" and weighed 206 a month prior to surgery. I now weigh 153. Thats not -100lbs LOL, did you mess up with your starting weight? CONGRATS!!!!!!! Thats awesome, great job!!!!!!!!! Darlene
sallyann
on 6/20/06 11:01 am - page, AZ
Congrats! so, has life changed a little? Hope you share some stories and pictures soon. Take care and best wishes. Sally
Pamela E.
on 6/20/06 11:59 am - Buckeye, AZ
Oh geez, you're right Darlene, I made a typo! I meant to say a month prior to surgery I weighed 256. And I'm an executive secretary! Don't tell my boss.
vquigley
on 6/20/06 12:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi,Pamela, That is awesome! I hope to be able to say that less than a year after surgery as well. Congratulations! Virginia
Kathy S.
on 6/20/06 12:59 pm - PHX, AZ
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow!!!!! You are an inspiration to me! Thank you for your advice/encouragement preop, you saved me a lot of time and headache. I had my surgery 5/5/06 and am down about 50lbs in six weeks. Way to go to the CENTURY CLUB! Kathy
desert rat
on 6/23/06 2:54 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Hey Pamela, I certainly remember you! I've missed you at the meetings and have wondered how you were doing. I'm so glad that you are doing so well. Congratulations on joining the century club. I can't complain about my progress and must agree that the SBC doctors are the BEST!!! Drop me an email once in a while... Dj
Most Active