Whoa... it's happening.

kayjaybee
on 6/20/06 12:48 pm - Tucson, AZ
I'm sooo excited to finally share that I have a surgery date in August (per my request) with Dr. Fang. All the hoops I've jumped through have finally led me here, a couple months away from my appointment with destiny. Now if someone could please help me A) figure out how NOT to go insane over the next 2 months and B) tell me everything's going to be alright. I'M FREAKING OUT OVER HERE!!!! Ohhhhhh.... my "friends inside the computer" I couldn't have done it without you! Hugs, K
Kathy S.
on 6/20/06 1:10 pm - PHX, AZ
Krista, You do have a date with destiny! YOURS. I'm six weeks postop and so glad I did this. You will have some crazy moments the next few months, try to avoid the urge to have a dozen "last suppers" even though feel like you will never see food again. I won't tell you that it will be alright, I say it will be amazing! This is for you, your health and quality of life. You and food will have a new relationship, believe me. Food has taken it's proper place in my life, not my every other thought. You will think about every bite at first and the quality of it. The surgery experience is different for all, I had an incision that got infected and had to dress it for several weeks.but after 5 days or so you feel pretty normal. Six weeks ago I couldn't fit in a booth or tie my sneakers without difficulty. ...every day is something new! Put your seatbelt on for the ride of your life! Kathy
vquigley
on 6/20/06 1:31 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Krista, Kathy said it very well. You'll do fine. Keep busy. My doctor told me to exercise by walking every day. Good luck! Virginia
Most Active