My 3 Month Anniversary....

Darlene X
on 6/19/06 2:53 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well, actually my 3 month anniversary is tomorrow, but I wanted to post today cause I'll probably get busy and forget tomorrow. Well it's one heck of a ride huh? I am down an amazing 90lbs since surgery!!! Before surgery, in my head I wanted to lose 100lbs by 6 months... I never thought things would happen this fast... Before surgery I was in a size 26 pants, now Im wearing a 20. Shirts I was a 26/28... Ive gone to a size 22. It's honestly hard for me to see it, though I did look at a framed photo we have at home yesterday from pre-surgery times... and I did notice how fat my face looked in it. Plus the new photo's my friend took in CA help me see it more. Im finding it a little hard because after losing 90lbs, Im getting pretty much no compliments, other than from all the wonderful people on OH, and family. It's just a little discouraging. No problems with food, Ive found my appetite coming back a little more now, and Im feeling good! Here's hoping the next 3 months go just as smoothly! Darlene 338/248/170
Arizona_Sun
on 6/19/06 5:22 am - Gilbert, AZ
Well, unfortunately when we weigh over 200 pounds it is hard for many people to see our wonderful progress. However, as tall as you are as you edge your way closer to that 200 pound mark you are going to be getting noticed. Will they say anything, I don't know. Some people don't know what to say and may feel that they would be intruding where they are not wanted. Other people are just shall we say "self-centered" and they might not notice until one day they see the new girl in the office and wonder when she joined the firm. Typically it is first most noticeable in our faces. What kind of face shape did you have in your thinner past? My daughter weighs less than I do, but her face makes her look heavier because of how she carries her weight in her cheeks and neck. I tend to have cheek bones and a definite jaw line plus not a lot of weight in my neck. Now if you look at my rear, there it is!!!! In your case, it looks to me like you might have that pretty oval face shape and it will just take a few more pounds for it to REALLY show there. It is showing though to those of us who know you and it is looking wonderful on you. Just be patient and it will happen. One of these days you will have more attention than you want. Sandy
Tiffany McGee
on 6/19/06 7:06 am - Glendale, AZ
That is GREAT! I love how positive you are. 90lbs in 3 months is awesome. Keep up the excellent work Darlene and before you know it you will be at goal... Tiff
JRinAZ
on 6/19/06 9:17 am - Layton, UT
Hey Cutie Patootie! Congrats on the amazing loss! ....and, as for people noticing the loss or not....you've got the dense types that think to themselves that you must have gotten your hair cut or something since the thought crosses their tiny brain that you look a little different....and then there's the ones who aren't really sure if you're trying to lose all that weight or if you are actually terminally ill and they're just wondering when your last day of work will be so they can steal your cool pen.....and then there's the ones who KNOW you are dropping weight like crazy and just hate you!!!.....and then there are those of us who think you look incredible and are pleased as sugar free punch that you are doing so dang well!!!! Big Huggggzzz to you skinny girlfriend! Joyce P.S. I take the Walgreens multi with iron.....they are cheap and teeny tiny!
Darlene X
on 6/19/06 9:35 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Joyce!!! My adopted Mother!!! I searched Walgreens, but got horse pills everytime I bought their brand--- could you bring the container/bottle to group next week so I can see what they look like and get the right ones?
JRinAZ
on 6/19/06 12:40 pm - Layton, UT
I'll just buy you a bottle! I'm almost out and need to do a run! .....Can't wait to see you! You've missed a couple of mtgs in a row! ..... Just reintroduce yourself, K???? Huggggz, Joyce (aka as Mom!)
vquigley
on 6/19/06 1:23 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Darlene, Wow! 90 pounds in three months! That is AWESOME! You're doing great. Just had to share a quick story with you about someone I met in my building walking in one day. I had not see her for several months and noticed that she had lost a lot of weight and asked her about it. She said, yes, she had WLS the previous November and had lost over 100 lbs. She is still losing weight 'cause I saw her again today and she is even thinner. I guess the point of my story is that even though people may not say anything, they are noticing your tremendous effort and weight loss. Keep it up and don't get discouraged. And actually, that woman is one of the reasons I seriously started investing WLS. Best of luck to you, Virginia
Darlene X
on 6/20/06 1:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks!!! I see you got a date!!!! A BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! Darlene
moirap
on 6/19/06 3:36 pm - Mesa, AZ
Wow Darlene thats great. I'm so proud of you. I'm glad your feeling good. Dont worry about people not noticing, I know its discouraging but keep in mind your losing faster than your wardrobe can keep up likely so some of your clothes may be baggy and hide your weight loss. The compliments will start coming. I think once you have had WLS surgery you are more in tune with this type of thing. I saw this guy in the chinese restaurant who had a baggy t shirt and some hanging arm skin. I knew he had lost weight sure enough he had WLS. People are likely noticing something different but people have difficulty imagining 90 pounds in just 3 month. Once you stabilize and get a new wardrobe people will become more cognisant (sp?) of your weight loss.I know you must look stunning. If you can could you email me a copy of the new picture I'd love to see it. Stay well and regards to EJ.
Most Active