Financing my surgery, HELP

Kimberly W.
on 6/19/06 5:33 am - Gilbert, AZ
I have TERRIBLE credit, but was hoping there was a company out there that would still help finance this, I have also heard of probono work, any suggestions?
sassymom2
on 6/19/06 8:31 am - Show Low, AZ
Hello just wanted to wish you good luck am basically in the same postion as you and have been able to find no help at all it is so depressing sometimes. I wish you the best though in your journey and I will be watching for the answers you get hopfully. sincerly Shelley
JRinAZ
on 6/19/06 9:22 am - Layton, UT
Well, I recently refinanced my house for improvements.....my house also includes my body and so my improvements will be pleasant to the neighborhood (tummy tuck)! *winks* Be creative.......got any kind extended relatives? .........I seriously wish you luck! WLS can save people's lives! Huggggz, Joyce
Mike B.
on 6/19/06 10:57 am - Tolleson, AZ
Check out having it done in Mexico. There are some good WLS surgeons down there and will cost a heck of a lot less than here in the U.S. You wil still have to pay for it all at once but if you can borrow the money, you won't need near as much as you will here. Good Luck. love Mike 20 years postop this month, Mobile, Phoenix
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/06 12:37 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I had my surgery in Mexico and paaid 12,500. I got a credit card with 0% till 2008, I put my surgery on the card... CHARGE!!!
Kimberly W.
on 6/20/06 12:56 am - Gilbert, AZ
THANK YOU for that advise, please tell me of a credit card that will give me this deal with my terrible credit and I will give you a gigantic hug! hahaha thank you so much!
jinn
on 6/22/06 12:29 am - Mesa, AZ
What do you do for a living - can you change jobs maybe so that you will have the insurance? I know we are hiring here at UOP if you have a background in finance/customer service/enrollment... and my co-pay was only $500.00 Plus free school....
jenw82
on 6/21/06 5:52 pm - Tucson, AZ
I don't believe I know of any surgeon who does this probono. Actaully, I have never heard of any surgeon doing this for free. I can offer a few suggestions, and since I don't have any kind of financial profile, I don't know how much help I can be. But do you have any kind of collateral? Do you own your own home? Or do you know someone who does? Because with home equity, you could get a home equity loan or line of credit (I prefer the line of credit, because you actually can lock in a portion of it like a loan and then have the remainder available for an emergency). Otherwise, can do you have a co-signer? Because there are times that you can get a personal unsecured loan. Yeah, you need good credit. But you can always get a cosigner. Or they secure the loan and you cosign for it. Either way, it may be a possibility and can help you start to establish better credit. A good place to do this is through a credit union. Start a savings account at one and start a relationship with them. Most financial instituions look at "relationships." If nothing else, there may be the possibility of going with a "sub-prime lender." The interest rates on these loans are going to be massive, but if you really want this surgery then it will be worth it. I am not exactly sure what their requirements are. But places like Wells Fargo Financial and CitiFinancial may be a place to start. Good luck. Jen
Most Active