too many insurance questions

jenisrn7
on 6/15/06 6:20 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hi all, I am hoping to have a lap band done asap. I have United Health Care Options PPO. I have been told I hit the insurance jackpot but I am soooooo nervous. I am worried that my medical neccessity letter won't be adequate and I won't get approved, although the PCP that wrote has done it many times before. Does anyone out there have experience w/ this insurance? I am so nervous. Anxiety is almost taking over. I have tried for 6 years off and on to get this done. As most of the OH members I have been heavy my whole life and have tried hard to loose on my own w/ little success. I am leaving my job the end of June and will continue my insurance on Cobra so that is also a worry for me. Then I have to get work w/ good insurance again. I'm an RN but finding a position w/ good benefits is hard. Too much going on right now. A good word would be appreciated. jen
JRinAZ
on 6/15/06 8:36 am - Layton, UT
Hi Jen, I work for Dr. Simpson (does lapbands) and find that UHC without employer exclusions is truly the easiest insurance to get approval. You just need a consult with Dr. S and a pysch eval. You don't need a letter from your pcp, medical records, 6 months of diets or any of those other hoops that other insurances require. Good luck! It will all happen for you! Huggggz, Joyce
jenisrn7
on 6/15/06 12:49 pm - Goodyear, AZ
HI Joyce! You are toooo sweet. I am one of Dr Simpson's newest patients! I was in last week for my consult w/ him. I am the one that is leaving her position and am trying to get things done as quickly as possible. I know I probably sound like a nut being so worried, it just means a lot to me because I have tried in the past only to be turned down. I got my letter of medical necessity taken care of and have my psych eval on Monday. I am just stressed right now. Not only the WLS thing but my job change and all that. I have had a rough week for many reasons and am looking forward to all of this being over. Thanks for the reply, you are so kind. jen
JRinAZ
on 6/15/06 1:27 pm - Layton, UT
LOL! O.K. so I"m lame for not remembering your name! As I typed the last post though, I was thinking. Gheesh this sounds like the same story as "that gal" who came through the office last week! Duh! ....O.K. so I'm not supposed to mention that stuff anyway cuz of work rules so I guess I was on the right track letting "you" bring it up, right? *winks* Changes are definitely stressers.........so, just keep chatting with all of us and airing it all out....and, if you want to hang with us at the office then come on over! We could "schedule" you for a luncheon appointment! ....We're having an "in office" weight loss challenge and so far the guy in the office is winning! Go figure! Don't men always melt away in a hurry when weight loss is involved! Having your psych this soon should speed everything up! ....We'll do the best we can at our end! Do something nice for yourself this weekend and just relax! Huggggz, Joyce
jenisrn7
on 6/16/06 3:41 am - Goodyear, AZ
Joyce u are toooooooo funny, but I think correct that it was best that I brought it up. ;) So far ,so good. Consult- check; letter of necessity- check; Monday psych eval- check. How long does it take you guys to get the letters of medical necessity and psych eval back? Just wondering........I hate feeling I have no control over things so that is part of my issue I guess. I have felt out of control my whole life w/ my own body so I guess sometimes I try to compensate by controlling other things. I wrote the office staff this morning about the letter of necessity because if you guys have I want to make sure it is adequate as he (doc) was in a big hurry and didn't take down all my info very well. By the time he was done he was gone before I even had my co-pay taken care of!LOL anyway, thanks so much for your support and invitation. You all go way above and beyond. luv -n- hugz, jen
JRinAZ
on 6/16/06 9:37 am - Layton, UT
Jen, I'm pretty sure that all you need is yoru psych eval done and faxed to us and we can submit. I'll be in the office early Monday so you can give me a shout and Christine and I will put the "FAX" in the mail and then call them to make sure they don't sit on it......We have to be a bit careful about telling the insurance that you need to hurry cuz you won't be with them next month....they might drag their feet thinking that they will let your next coverage take care of it.....We'll make sure that they know you must hurry cuz you have major work issues and that this is the only window you've got!!!!! .....Give us a call after your psych eval is done , K!! Huggggz, Joyce
jenisrn7
on 6/16/06 3:44 am - Goodyear, AZ
oh, and yes. men loose wt way easier than we do. butt heads!!!!LOL my husband just "moves around" a little more and loses 10lbs. I love him but he makes me sick! All I do is expand, sometimes I think I can feel myself doing just that!LOL jen
Most Active