Fears come an go during PreOp

simply_jess
on 6/14/06 3:21 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am doing this project of finding quotes I can live by, and that motivate me, help me relax, ease my mind.. like my own mini tailored made Bible... Just something I go to for answers. Anywho, this book of quotations I just got, I was at the end where all the quotes about risks, adversity, death come into play. And then I just thought of how the surgery in itself is a risk and then how living without this surgery is a risk.. and well, I just didn't go to sleep that easy last night. Today however was my first meeting with my surgeon. Odd considering I am having surgery with him on the 26th. I was suppose to have the doctor he was in a practice with and then he retired so now I have this surgeon. And I was so nervous because I, among a lot of you, know that if things are going good.. something is bound to cause a hiccup. But nothing did! They had minor problems finding all the pre op tests paperwork but when they got it.. they said all of them came back really good. I am a low risk patient. Low risk, still has the word risk in it, but it's the low part that is making me feel calm. So now, I start the preop protein/liquid diet and I want to see if I can do this, and I know I will. You make yourself just so worried and tired over something that can be calmed down with one easy phrase, albeit from a doctor, a quote on a paper, or your cat just purring next to you. But I feel ready now for the surgery. My head is ready, my body has been ready, and yeah.. I am content -Jess
sallyann
on 6/14/06 8:44 pm - page, AZ
well said! I was feeling uneasy as most of us did before surgery. I prayed and lifted the whole surgery and recovery and success to the Lord. I was comforted and ready for surgery and anything it brings. Best wishes to you for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Sally
Tiffany McGee
on 6/15/06 4:54 am - Glendale, AZ
I too feel the exact same way. I have spent a lot of time and energy researching this surgery and the physicians in AZ. I have worried (and still do) over the silly things and not so silly things. And have decided that this is meant to be, so I need to pray to God and ask him to watch over me and the rest of us. I have a wonderful angel (Sally), wonderful family, and a absolutely wonderful support group, so that helps mighty fine too! Take Care and Best of Luck to you for an uneventful surgery, and speedy recovery. Tiff
Most Active