need to get on the wagon again - suggestions welcome

yogibear
on 6/11/06 8:38 am - Fountain Hills, AZ
I am a 4 year post op of the gastric bypass. Lately I have been gaining the weight I worked to get off four years ago. Part of the gain I am certain is form the weight lifting I have ben doing but not sure how much is body fat. Since I have joined the gym I belong to i have gained at least 30 pounds if not more. any suggestions on getting this back off?
Tiffany McGee
on 6/11/06 11:21 am - Glendale, AZ
I'm not sure if this will help, but have you tried the plateau diet to help take the weight off? Or going back to the "basics"? The plateau diet (a slightly modified version) has been helping my dh and I (I'm pre-op) for the last coupld of weeks. My DH (who goes to the gym as well) has lost 19 lbs. I've lost and regained and lost again. I'm good at that. I'd post the diet, but I'd be darned if I can't find the exact one we follow ( I have it at work and can repost tomorrow). Good Luck and Take Care! Tiff
JRinAZ
on 6/11/06 12:04 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Jeff! I feel your pain. I had a regain in my 3rd year of 30 pounds and have been working at it the past few weeks. I have 12 left to get rid of and believe me...it's the old fashoned way of watching calories, carbs, AND lots of exercise! But, you CAN do it. I also get a lot of help and support from a yahoo group that is just for Weight loss surgery folks who are at least 1 year post-op or further out and who need to get "back on track"..... go to www.yahoogroups.com and follow their directions to join (it's free)....then on the main page in the SEARCH window, type: OSSG Off Track ....that should get you to the main page (OSSG = Obestiy Surgery Support Group). I basically live a low carb lifestyle....very similar to the South Beach but I sub in protein drinks. Good luck! Joyce (3 years 5 months post op)
mgamine
on 6/12/06 6:56 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Jeff Can you have a trainer at your gym do a body fat analysis for you? It's possible that you're adding muscle weight...any changes in body composition? It could also be a mix of muscle, water, etc. Best option is to have the analysis done, speak with a trainer/exercise physiologist (does your surgeon's office have one you can call?), and measure yourself. Hope it helps. chelle
yogibear
on 6/18/06 1:29 pm - Fountain Hills, AZ
I do know i have put on some muscle weight but am not sure how much muscle i have put on. I do know i am due to do another fat analysis soon to see where I am. I am in the process of trying to get set up with a new surgeon/dr to follow up with. I had a lot of my blood work done except for one and i need to go to a upper g i so they know kind of what im working with. I am tying to watch wha I am taking in and tweaking the diet a little to see if i canget it off again. thx jeff
Most Active