GET AN ANGEL - BE AN ANGEL!!!

Sheryl Tilley
on 6/11/06 4:00 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! For the ones getting ready to go into surgery, let me tell you that the best thing you can do for yourself AND the rest of us is to get an angel. How do you get one? Post and ask. HAVING an angel benefits you because it's your liason with the board and the people that care about you on here. We're all rooting for you. What a great group of cheerleaders we are! For the ones getting ready to have surgery after you, it helps them to know what to expect and be more confident about their decision. BEING an angel also has benefits. For me, when I am an angel, I remember when I was the patient and needed to have the connection. It brings me back to that place where I was at my highest weight and the gratitude that I feel to all for being in the place I am now seven months later. You really realize what a miraculous thing this operation is and how your life has changed. Just ask for an angel or volunteer to be one. Either way -- You're a winner! Hugs! Sheryl 320/220/170 Oct. 28th 2005
Mike B.
on 6/11/06 6:00 am - Tolleson, AZ
First off, I an and oldtimer of almost 68 years old and 20 years postop this month. I volunteered to be an angel for a good online friend I met on the OH singles board. There were closer to her people but no volunteers so I did so. I passed every little bit of info I could get on her to the board since she had some problems and was kept an extra day in the ICU and people were worried about her. We had become good friends before I every said I would be her angel but I was supprised no women volunteered since most of the time it has been my experience that women patients prefer to have anotehr woman as their angel. I am retired and have a lot of spare time. Years ago when I had my wls in 86, there were no online support groups; OH didn't exist. Even today OH does not have the ancient type of wls I had listed when you do your profile. It has been a long sometimes tough ride but I am still around; ongoing anemia problems and other wls related problems but would do it again in a NY minute. I am in Lake Havasu City, AZ but also spend a lot of time in Phoenix with somebody special to me. In this business of support groups we all need to help each other and that is the name of the game. I am proud to have helped my friend who is in NC BTW and she is a wonderful lady. I am sure we will be friends forever. This is a good group here in Phoenix area and I read it every day. Had an opportunity to attend the Spring Fling a couple of months ago which was very enjoyable for me and my G/F. Met some nice local people there which was great. I urge you when you find a new person on the board that is going to have surgery, volunteer to be his/her angel. It is a fulfilling experience to know you are helping one of our large WLS family. You don't find many people with 20 years of postop time behind them that are still involved in these groups. I have had wls related health problems since I first had my surgery. Some of them I did not recognize until some years later but they were there. I pick up tips on here of things that help my health and nobody knows it all no matter how far down the road the are. You all I hope are having a great weekend. love Mike B.
simply_jess
on 6/11/06 6:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
I would love LOVE love to have an angel. My surgery is about two weeks away and yes, angel, please, lol.!!! -Jess
JRinAZ
on 6/11/06 8:41 am - Layton, UT
Sheryl! High Fives and Hallelujahs to you on your new Century Club membership! That is awesome!!!! And...thanks bunches for being such a great Angel example to everyone. Your posts are always so positive! ......Sally is such a sweetie pie! I was delighted to read your reports on her surgery and know that all is well! I totally agree with you on the Angel philosophy. I have angeled quite a few folks and it is a little something that will bond you with them for a lifetime! We all need a mentor and to know that someone cares! Huggggggzzz to you! Joyce
sallyann
on 6/11/06 11:36 pm - page, AZ
Hi SHeryl...thank you for being my angel! It was more than comforting to hear your voice and know that you would know what I was going through. You are so special to me. Thank you again! and thank you fro welcoming me to the loser side. I love it! You are somebody to look up to! Thanks so much sweetie. I really appreciate you so much! Sally
Most Active