st. lukes next week

sgirl
on 6/10/06 10:17 am - tucson, AZ
I was wondering if anyone could give me some comments and suggestions for my surgery next week at St. Lukes. Thank you for any help.
Sandy in Tucson
on 6/10/06 11:13 am - Tucson, AZ
When did Dr. Blackstone start operating out of St. Lukes? This is strange. My Dr. was Dr. Fang out of St. Lukes. My suggestion to you is to read and research everything. Go to support groups. Buy books on the subject--read them. Ask questions...do what the Dr. says...not what you want. Drink your protein and water religiously. they are not an option. food is the option...eat what you can...but the water and the protein is a must. Again do what your Dr. says. Follow all nuitritional guide lines...and do not eat something bec someone else was allowed to from another Dr. Come on line and go to the main message board. It is no easy road. and walk....and walk some more. Sandy Dr. Fang 11/04/04 185 lbs down
sgirl
on 6/10/06 11:16 am - tucson, AZ
oh, I keep forgetting to change that on my profile page. I have Dr. Fang also, thanks for the input. EVERYTHING HELPS!!!!!!
jgowan
on 6/11/06 3:06 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
I would take the usual stuff to the hospital and bring a good book. I wish I was getting my surgery but I am very happy for you. I would do what ever the Dr. tells you to do and remember that it is a major surgery so stay calm, cool, and collected. I will pray for you and I cant wait to hear from you after it is all over with. Good Luck
sallyann
on 6/11/06 11:54 am - page, AZ
hi Sally, I like your name Im just home from St Lukes today. My surgery was friday am at 7:30am. The hospital is quite old and dirty. I would make sure you have a helper while at the hospital to get you blankets and pillows and to be your voice.. The nurses did pretty well. Im sure you will share a room. The IV machines beeped all night long. heheheh Be sure to take shoes to walk around in. the floors are pretty dirty. They let me take a shower on the 2nd day. Remember to take your shampoo and conditioner and toothpast and all that! I didnt get to meet with the dietician since my surgery was on a weekend. Its so good to be home. I have worked 2 years for this surgery and its finally a done deal. Keep us informed and if you have anymore questions, answers are just a click away Best wishes. Sally from Page
Jennifer VerdugoBlack
on 6/12/06 1:24 am - Gallup, NM
Good Luck on your surgery. I also had surgery at St. Lukes. I had my surgery with Drs. Orris and Debarros and everything went very well for me, as I'm sure it will for you. The hospital is an older hospital and the staff is very nice, at least my nurses were. I had the V.I.P room as they call it..which was very nice because I didn't have to share with anyone else and it's very roomy so all of my family could fit in the room and we didn't have to worry about bothering anyone else. I didn't really have any problems with the cleanliness of my room or the halls where I walked, maybe I was there when they had a good cleaning person...I don't know. I did take my slippers with a non skid sole and used them to walk in. God Bless Jeni lap rny 5-8-06 380/320/150
Most Active