Questions on out of pocket expenses :-S

Ayaunna
on 6/8/06 5:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had my 1st consultation with Dr. Schleslinger yesterday and started the process. I realized today that they are out of my network (i know, should have researched that before). I have United Healthcare Choice Plus. I was wondering if anyone could give me some figures on what they paid IN network as well as OUT of network. I've still got an appointment with Scottsdale Bariatric (In-network) and I am thinking about contacting Bridges as well. ANY info on out of pockey expenses paid is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!
Darlene X
on 6/8/06 6:06 am - Maricopa, AZ
I have United Healcare Choice Plus. Hubby and I both went through Dr Fang @ St Lukes (Excellent surgeon- covered by UHC). So we were in network. Both Lap RNY's cost approx $44,000 (Give or take a few $100) We paid about $1,400 out of pocket for each surgery. Darlene
Tiffany McGee
on 6/8/06 8:03 am - Glendale, AZ
Dr. Newhoff and Dr. Simon are both on UHC. Newhoff does RNY Open and Simon does RNY Lap. Good luck! Tiff
diamanti1
on 6/8/06 8:46 am - Peoria, AZ
The out of pocket expense can vary based upon your insurance....for example many insurance companies pay 100% of charges after out of pocket hits a certain amount. When I started the process I started at Barix to realize that they weren't in network....and would have only been covered at 70%.....leaving 30% out of my pocket....went to Scottsdale Bariatric and they are in network and 95% covered....I think total out of pocket, including pre-op, sleep study, labs, hospital, etc was around $1500. Not bad considering the hospital bill alone was $45k...best of luck. Dave 411/215/170
Sarah C.
on 6/8/06 9:00 am - Mesa, AZ
I also have UHC, and they said that my portion will be $500, for the hospital stay! I am going with Dr. Fang, he, as you have heard is "in" the network, and is a very nice man! Good luck! Sarah
Most Active