PANIC!

Judy F.
on 6/4/06 8:25 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
My surgery is scheduled on Thursday. The Scottsdale Bariatric Center has been a dream to work with. Noreen (the surgery scheduler) has been wonderful about keeping me updated, making sure everything was in order. On Friday she called and said that she ahdn't received the results for my yearly exam and pap smear. I was told that they liked to have that just to make sure there's not any problems prior to surgery. I hadn't had one done since my hysterectomy a few years ago. I went on May 19th and even my gyn's office doesn't have the results back yet. They said they should get them in sometime this week. Now I am really stressed. We leave to go up to Scottsdale on Wednesday. I am so afraid that if SBC doesn't get the results, that my surgery will be cancelled. I will be so devestated if it is. Judy
AZGirl
on 6/4/06 9:56 am - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Judy, It's amazing how Noreen is on top of all these things, isn't it? I had my surgery done by Dr. Kieran at SBC. I was in the same boat, except it was my cardiac clearance that I couldn't get until the day BEFORE surgery. Boy, was I stressed, but it all worked out. I remember getting my pap smear results back in a week, so it seems like you have waited a long time. Does your OB/GYN know that your surgery depends on you getting these results? I would call again tomorrow afternoon if you still haven't heard anything and ask if they can follow-up with the lab to see where they are with your results. Maybe they explain the urgency to the lab. I will say a prayer for you hoping that everything works out and you are still able to have your surgery on Thursday. Let us know how everything turns out. Joanne
Wendella
on 6/5/06 2:18 am - Mesa, AZ
Don't panic. Nor is great! Call ur ob-gyn's office and ask if they can fax her the results. You should have the fax num on one of thier cards. Call Nor at the end of the day to see if she got them if she still hasn't see if she will call and get either a verbal ok over the phone or they may step up and fax it to her. Make sure they understand the doc. is waiting for them. Best of luck.
Most Active