New here

msvi007
on 5/27/06 4:34 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi all, I found this board just cruising the internet and decided to check it out. I am not sure if this is the right place for me, but would love to stick around if you will have me. My name is Vi (pron like pie with a V not vee..lol), I live in Gilbert AZ with my hubby and 3 kids. I have thought about surgery for a few years, but at least for the time being decided against it. In the last few months I have lost 32 lbs all on my own and am hoping I can continue on this road. I am looking forward dto getting to know you guys :)
BIG F.
on 5/27/06 6:25 am - chandler, AZ
Hi VI, that sounds like pie, nice to meet you. This is a big decision, my surgery date is 19 June, take your time ,research everything go to seminars, talk to your PCP also talk to a surgeon. Then make a decision. No pressure just a bunch a guys just like you. LAMONT
Desertflower
on 5/28/06 11:46 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello there Vi, So good have have you join the party. We all started our journey from different points on the map. I tried everything before I made my decision to have surgery. It is a HUGE step and needs a lot of thought and research...and more thought. Welcome and God Bless you. Robin in Mesa
desert rat
on 5/29/06 12:51 am - Goodyear, AZ
Hi Vi, I think you ARE in the right place. I too, considered surgery, then decided against it. ( the surgeon scared me off!) So I tried several more diets that worked for a while. Ultimately however, they all failed and I finally decided that this was the only thing that would work. Because I took so long to have the surgery, I had the time I needed to do the research. I also went to a different surgeon who did NOT scare me! Use this time, hang around on this board, check out the many links on this board and read, read, read, read!!! Do the research. If you ever do decide to take the plunge, you will be well prepared. Best of luck with your diet. We all can offer advise on good and not-so-good food choices. Most of us eat somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 cal/day and can tell you about our protein, vitamin & mineral supplementation. That part of our plan will help you as well. Welcome again Dj
Tiffany McGee
on 5/29/06 2:30 am - Glendale, AZ
W E L C O M E VI (pronounce Vie) Nice to meet you! Congratulations on your 32 lbs of loss. My Dh and I have lost some weight too (but for some reason I'm gaining it back AGAIN). Take Care! Tiff
Most Active