Patience running thin - this is long

Tiffany McGee
on 5/26/06 5:46 am - Glendale, AZ
O.k. I have a grump for a bit. And I'm sorry but I feel I have just case. If you disagree let me know. On March 22nd I had my initial consult with my Physician. Prior to this consult I completed all requirments set in stone by my insurance company and the initial consult was the last thing on the list (the list said initial consult something to remember). The staff told me that they would have my file sent to the insurance co. by the following Wednesday. I called Wednesday and was informed that it would not be until that Friday. That Friday I had an appointment in the same building so after the appointment I ventured up to the office to see what the status was. I was informed at that time that it wouldn't be until the following week. I called the following week and was informed that it would be the following week before they could send my information. When they FINALLY sent my information (about 3 weeks later) in they sent in some wrong information (dated for 2002 when I first started the process not the revised information). This was one of multiple reasons the insurnace co. kicked it back to the point I had to write an appeal letter. Another reason my approval was denied was because the Dr. did not do a physical examination of me. Mind you the insurance co. did not require that I have a physical examination. So we took care of that on May 8th. I was told that by May 15th the file would be sent back to the insurance co. I called on 18th and was told that it wouldn't happen until May 22nd. I called on May 23rd (just for good measures giving them an extra day) and was informed that they still had not sent the paperwork. I understand the reason (One of the staff members is having personal issues), but for goodness gracious sake... how hard is it for someone (anyone) to write a letter saying I showed up for the physical examination and that I'm a good candidate (which is what the dr. said at our little appointment on the March 22nd and on May 8th). I've called and left yet another message to find out the status because it is now Friday and next monday will be 3 weeks since I was there last and it's also a holiday and I'm sure they are closed..... Sorry for fuming I'm just wondering what I have to do to get them to hurry up this process. Thanks for listening. Tiff
JRinAZ
on 5/26/06 9:06 am - Layton, UT
Tiff, Who in the heck are you going with that has such a flakey crew working for them? I'm ready to call them myself and offer my assistance in licking the envelope and puting on the stamp!!!! For Heaven's sake! ...... That's what I did while working for Dr. Simpson and I know that sometimes it takes a bit of time to get it together, faxed to someone who will actually receive it and process it on the other end but it sounds like you have been given a huge run around and poor quality customer service to say the least!!!! If you are with ST Luke's then I know who to talk to to have it done right now!!! ????? Let me know! In the mean time......do some relaxatioin exercises....go to a movie marathon over the weekend.....keep yoruself busy and maybe make yourself a "dream scrapbook" of all the goals you have when you are in your itsy bitsy new body!!!! Joyce
Tiffany McGee
on 5/29/06 1:15 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Joyce, I don't think he knows his staff is so flakey. But then again maybe he does. I know if it were my boss, he would have said NO MORE YOUR FIRED If you don't get your act together. I've actually tried to offer that. I told them I would send the information myself. But the problem is that the Physical Examination Letter has not been written and that is one of the things that I need per the insurance co. So until that letter has been written, I cannot do much but wait. I'm to the point where I'm wishing I was with St. Lukes. I know other have had to wait way longer than this. And I really have NO ROOM to whine. But I hate to be promised something and then not have it happen. If I say I'm going to do something I generally do my best to get it done. (minus the 5 questions for the week I have been WAY absent minded lately) Thank you for the offer of help. I do appreciate it. I just need to be patient. Right? Take Care Tiff
JRinAZ
on 5/29/06 4:16 pm - Layton, UT
Tiff, You might try one more phone call... ask them to please fax all of your information to Kelly at St Luke's...........me thinks they'll hurry themselves up! Business is business! Good luck sweetie pie! Joyce
vquigley
on 5/30/06 12:02 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Joyce, That's a great idea! I keep wondering how these doctors can make any money when their office staff sits on paperwork--patients ready to have surgery. Here's for luck for all of his patients! Virginia
Sandy in Tucson
on 5/26/06 9:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Your situation is uncalled for. But, your at their mercy and they know it. Sad, but true. I would make a compliant per day until it is done. Sandy
Tiffany McGee
on 5/29/06 1:17 am - Glendale, AZ
I know. I'm finding that that is how it is. I have called yet another time to see if I can get a response. Mind you it is a holiday and I doubt I'll hear anything until Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks! Take Care Tiff
vquigley
on 5/26/06 1:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Okay, Tiff, I have to chim in on your grump because it looks like you and I have the same surgeon. I, too, called them 4 weeks ago and they said all that needed to be done was have the doctor write the one on one letter and get all my records to go to the insurance company. I verified that they had every thing they needed. I called a week ago Thursday to check status and got their lovely voicemail that they would respond in 48 hours. I was patient, waited the 48 hours and then on Monday received a call and voicemail from his office. I returned the call within 1/2 hour and received the same lovely voicemail message, called again before I left work, called again Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening had a voicemail left at 6:00 p.m. (long after I left work). Fortunately, they left an email address so I emailed them and received a prompt response, not a response I was happy to hear but at least it was a response. It seems that my one on one letter was supposed to be done that day (Wednesday) and my records would be ready to review in preparation to send to insurance company in 48 hours (does that sound like a canned reply???). My plan is to call them again next week but at this point I'm thinking about going somewhere else . . . but don't really want to start all over again for the 3rd time. I really feel your pain--I'm right along there beside you. Let's hope next week brings us better service. Thanks for listening to me too, Virginia
BIG F.
on 5/26/06 4:07 pm - chandler, AZ
Man you guys are really having a rough time. Things will happen in Gods time. Oh yeah, it's OK to vent, it's not healthy to hold it in. (smile) LAMONT
Tiffany McGee
on 5/29/06 1:21 am - Glendale, AZ
Virginia - WOW - Well, At least you received an email address, I've asked SO many times for an email address, but was informed that they did not have email access there. Hmmmm could have been told an untruth? I just called an left yet another message, mind you the message I left at noon on friday was not returned at all and I usually get a call back before the end of the day. So I'm not sure what is happening with my file. But I wasn't to nice on this message, I wasn't completely rude, but I wasn't nice little ol' tiff this time. I wish you the best of luck Virginia in your quest to get healthy. Email me if you'd like to talk. We can share stories. Take Care! Tiff
Most Active