PLASTICS with UNITED HEALTHCARE -EPO

dmwilson
on 5/26/06 3:30 am - tucson, AZ
Hi all, I am 6 months out and 92 pds. down and I am starting my reserch for plastics. Does any one have any info. on United Healthcare-EPO approving tummy tuck and brest lift. what does United required for approval. Thanks Diane Wilson (Tucson) RNY- 11/16/05 down 92 pds.
JRinAZ
on 5/26/06 8:59 am - Layton, UT
My experience is that it doesn't really matter if the insurance "MAY" cover it....because the surgeons won't even mess with insurance. I think there is one in Phoenix (Dr. Wiener) and maybe one in Tucson? .... Dr. Timothy Katzen will help you work with insurance if it's a PPO type. He's in California but he codes things so that it is "medically necessary". Good luck! Joyce who is scheduled with Dr. John Collins on July! Yay!!!! (out of pocket)
aimeef
on 6/7/06 4:41 am - tucson, AZ
Hi Joyce, I have sepnt the last few days cryign and hibernating. I just can't live like this anymore. I have to do something. I have tired and tried. I have been thin and fat. I go up and down and I am so tired of the anguish and the self-recrimination. I am such a strong person; I am raising two children by myself, I teach 150 eighth graders a day, I do stand up cominc, I am an excelent writer and yet no matter what my accomplishments may be, I look in the mirrow and I want to die. Binging runs in my family. My mother had me when she was 16 back in the days when you weren't allowed to attend school pregnant. She is beautiful and glamourous. She had little use for me so I was raised by my Jewish immigant grandparents in NYC. Food was a loaded issue and naturally still is. The only time my mother would want to spend tiem with me is when her verbally abusive husband (my stepfather) would leave NY for the road. We would take him to La Guardia airport and head right to the bakers. Mother's Bakers, even the name was comfortaing. My mother would be an eclair, a napoleaon, chocolate bell and a tremendous black and white cookie and whole mile (naturally!). It was like a ritual. We would sit in the kitchen, just the two of us; she had a very definitive way of cutting the goodies and we would eat and eat until we wanted to vomit. I, being a child of four, could only eat so much and ironically, I didn't even like it but I wanted to keep up with mommy and prolong our time together. Every since then binging is a way of life. I lost 32 pounds this year....and I gained back 40 in a matter of three months.... I have triend OA and all the other things.... Now my healthcare as of July 1 is Pacificare. Joyce, can you help me find a Lapband doctor in Phoenix who takes Pacificare. I am just out of my mind with fear that I will never get the help that I need. I can't do it out of pocket. Even if I sell all my jewelry and anything of value that I own I will not be able to do it. May I ask you what Collins is costing you and if he is doing a Lap band? Thank you, Aimee Finkelstien
JRinAZ
on 6/7/06 10:10 am - Layton, UT
Aimee, I sent you a private e-mail with information....this little post is just sending you big hugggggzzzzz! Take care of YOU sweetie pie! Joyce
Sandy in Tucson
on 5/26/06 9:29 am - Tucson, AZ
Good luck!!! Dr. Taki here in Tucson operated on g/f yesterday...she lost 150 lbs with gastric by pass....lower body lift. He took 20-25 lbs of skin. She was so thrilled. She was weighing 155 yesterday morning, but now weighs between 130-135. It cost her about $17,000 for LBL and breast implants. Dr. Taki had done many-many LBL from my weight support group here in Tucson Sandy
FakeBake
on 5/29/06 4:28 am - AZ
Diane, I am also in need of some plastics, and have UHC-EPO as well. If you find out anything please let me know! Thanks Tara
Courtney G.
on 5/29/06 2:51 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
I have uch choice plus.. Le me know what you find out....
Most Active