MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Mike B.
on 5/24/06 9:10 am - Tolleson, AZ
With Memorial Day weekend coming up, please take a little time from your fun weekend to remember our brave men and women who are and have served in our armed forces so that we may enjoy the freedoms we have in our great country. Especially please remember those men and women who paid with the supreme sacrifice of their lives to protect the liberties we have and many take for granted. Many cemetaries will have flags out on the individual gravesights of our veterans. Many veterans organizations will be holding public special services for this special day. We always have a beautiful service in Lake Havasu where I live with all veterans organizations represented and also many of our civic organizations. It is so much fun to be out at some nice lake or vacation spot enjoying ourselves and we should all do that but out of all that time, take a few minutes to remember what Memorial day is all about. Many of our children do not have a clue. I think it is important we teach our children and grandchildren what this is all about so they can/will carry on this tradition long after we are all gone. G-D Bless All our Amed Forces and our Deceased Veterans and thank you all for keeping America free and G-D Bless All of You and our Country, The United States of America Mike Berkwit, Past Post Commander VFW Post 1717, CA My WLS 20th Anniversary in June.
Arizona_Sun
on 5/24/06 1:21 pm - Gilbert, AZ
FYI - John, the gentleman who just passed away, was retired Navy. He was 46. His viewing is Memorial Day and I thought that it was most fitting. He was at the Spring Fling with his lovely wife Diana. Sandy
Mike B.
on 5/24/06 1:49 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Thanks Sandy. Kathy and I both remember him and his wife there. After serving his country for so many years it makes it even more tragic that he got all the way through a military career safely and we lost him when he was trying to improve his health for himself and his wife and children. May he rest in eternal peace. Kathy's Dad was retired Navy also and is no longer with us. Life is so short. We need to live it to the fullest because none of us know what tomorrow will bring. I have been fighting some WLS related medical problems for quite a few years and I am surprised I made it to my 20th wls anniversary coming up in June. With all my med problems I would never have lasted this long without the WLS so I feel truly blessed. You and your family have a good safe Holiday weekend Sandy and Thanks again for the photos from the spring fling. love Mike
Most Active