Google search

cynthia E.
on 5/23/06 5:49 am - buckeye, AZ
I recently had surgery on my nose. A Co-worker send me a nice getwell gift. I asked where she got my address. She said she did a google search with my name on it. She found me. When she typed my name in. It came up with my Obesity help profile. I went on line and sure enough it was there. I am not sure how I feel about that. I am kinda weirded out about it. So if you are sensitive to people knowing about you having surgery or knowing things about you. We are found on google. Best of luck to all of you Cynthia
JRinAZ
on 5/23/06 8:22 am - Layton, UT
Cynthia, In January, I went in for a job interview and the guy said he knew all about me already cuz he had "googled" me! ....It freaked me out too! .....So much for privacy in our lives, right? ...It seems that someone could have warned us about being so public! ....I guess if I would have been thinking, it would make sense that anything on a public format could be well....y'know....."public"!!!! LOL! ....Still creeps me out though! Joyce
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/06 3:36 pm - Yakima, WA
Privacy? Nowadays? Nope...doesn't exist. If you've ever bought or sold a house, gotten married, divorced or had a baby - and many other things (creditors after you?). Check out www.zabasearch.com - they gather information from public records (newspapers, courthouse documents, etc.) and they put up basic info on people for free and more detailed info for sale. I put your name in. Got two different addresses. Not sure what YOUR address is, but you should see if one of them is yours. Best wishes, ~Tooter OH Staff
Most Active