Surgery in Mexico, where for fills? or DR in Nogales, MX

lizziegrace
on 5/23/06 3:39 am - Marana, AZ
I am wondering if anyone in Tucson or Phoenix has found a doctor willing to do fills on a band placed in Mexico? I will have to self pay and cannot afford US, but am finding the idea of travelling to Tijuana everytime I need a fill, a tad ridiculous. I've just contacted a center in Tucson who will not do fills for anyone not banded with them. Otherwise, I'm looking for a doctor in Nogales, MX. Does anyone know of one? Thanks! Elizabeth
Darlene X
on 5/23/06 4:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yup--- Dr Terry Simpson takes on patients who had Lap Band surgery in Mexico. He is in Phoenix. Plus he has awesome staff Ph#: 602-234-8995 http://doctorsimpson.com/ Ive heard excellent things about him, he came and talked at our support group once. Darlene
azkatey
on 5/31/06 7:10 pm - Tucson, AZ
I have been told by at least two of Dr. Simpson's patients that he will not do fills for patients who were banded in Mexico. Also, I do not believe Dr. Simpson uses fluorscopy when he does fills.
JRinAZ
on 6/1/06 1:35 am - Layton, UT
You are right about not doing fills for patients who have been banded in Mexico. (many, many reasons) He does use flouroscopy if needed when doing fills. Most fills are a piece of cake and the ports are easily accessed in a few minutes. Others will need a "look see" to find the exact spot. (usually sent to the hospital for this) Joyce
K B (Tucson)
on 5/23/06 4:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Elizabeth, Monte Schwartz is a bariatric surgeon and he will do fills for pateints banded in Mexico. His office is Foothills Surgery on Camp Lowell. He will be using fluro for the fills and will begin giving them in July according to his nurse Karen. PS, a group of Tucson area bandsters has just started meeting monthly. The next get to gether is next Sat. Email me if you are interested. Many of us were banded in Mexico.
lizziegrace
on 5/23/06 7:18 am - Marana, AZ
Wow! You guys are amazingly "on the ball"! Thanks for the prompt responses. I've only JUST decided to get banded (as of yesterday)... I've always been hesitant before. I've just spoken to a facilitator for Dr. Verboonen, and am halfway tempted to have him to the band. I'm going to compile a list of doctors and package prices before making my final decision. I'll keep everyone updated. Oh, and I would really love to know more about the meeting on Saturday. Thanks for the info! Elizabeth
Desertflower
on 5/28/06 12:02 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Elizabth, There is a gal that is an RN and comes into Phoenix once a month to do fills. Her name is Wendy Hall and she lives & works in Snowflake at the Women's clinic. Her number is #928-536-5377 and I believe that she only charges $100 per fill. Good luck & God Bless! Robin
Most Active