Hello from CA...

Sherri M.
on 5/22/06 9:13 am - Modesto, CA
Hello fellow WLS peeps. My sister, myself and my 2 nieces are planning on from CA to CO the last week in June and the way we plan on getting there is driving through Arizona and New Mexico. Looks like we will be traveling on I-40. As we will be driving through, is there anything off the freeway that might be of interest that does not take too long to see. Maybe some ideas on a good place to spend the night? Since we will be driving 18 hrs. to our destination, we don't want to spend a lot of time stopping and seeing things but need places to stop, rest and stretch our legs. Any input and info would be much appreciated. Thanks. Sherri
Brandy H
on 5/25/06 2:16 am - Glendale, AZ
hi sherri, sorry no one has replied to you. i don't really have an answer for you as i live in a different part of the state. check your map though and a cool little ghost town to check out is Jerome. it used to be a mining town that caught fire and now all the houses are falling off the cliffs. there is a fun little hamburger diner type place there as well as other diners/restaurants. there is a haunted hotel that used to be a hospital i think. it's a fun place to see and maybe spend a couple hours. the whole town is kinda hippy/biker/eclectic type. sorry i don't have anything else for you to do. have a good and safe trip. brandy
BOBINA
on 5/25/06 10:48 am - mesa, AZ
Since you will be up north you could do a Grand canyon visit ..- If you have a 6-8 hrs to invest in time otherwise Sedona Is nice too - a lot quicker to see its only about 30 min south og flagstaff - it is Bautiful Red Rock country and slide rock should be open to enjoy ... the is the painted desert and all kinds of stuff - I suggest the Az tourism board . the weather will be much nicer up there than down here in the desert
JRinAZ
on 5/25/06 12:24 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Jeanna, Did you get the Chandler invite that I sent you? I haven't seen your sign-up come through yet? ...Let me know, K???? Joyce
Most Active